PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Am's this year?

Jovorock
01-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Many had the Am's picked to be first place including myself. They got out to a slow start with so many injuries at the begginning of the season, but now in fifth place?

On paper they look so much better, looking forward to seeing them in Kelowna Wednesday night.

What is you opinions and thoughts Am fans?

Brad
01-31-2005, 06:43 PM
The club knew coming into the season they would struggle to score goals, but thought their defense and Carey Price in net would be enough to make up for it. The scoring, needless to say, has been less productive than anyone could imagine.

The team has shown at times that the talent is there, but they just can't seem to put the puck in the net on a consistent basis and when things start to spiral the pressure mounts and things just go from bad to worse.

If the team gets hot, they can still have a major impact, especially in the playoffs. There is a lot of heart and a lot of size on this team. They have much the same makeup as the team that turned it on in last year's playoffs to roll over the Hawks and put a scare in the Rockets. The pieces are there its just whether or not Nachbaur can get the engine firing on all cylinders before March 20th.

HAF
02-01-2005, 05:56 AM
They have all the tools to be a serious threat, It just seems to me they are having problems putting it all together.
I whole heartedly agree with Brad. This team has heart. The easy out would be to blame the coaching but I dont think they are necisarily doing a bad job... It is an utter mystery to me why we arent in the drivers seat for a division title. Price has done a great job this year in the net but if your guys cant put the goals on the board the greatest goalie in the league cant win a game by himself. We need some offense to let our defensemen shine the way they should.
Of course, I'm not an expert by any means I'm just a guy that really loves watching these guys give it everything they got.

Jovorock
02-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks for your comments guys. I missed the game last night with the flu so I will have to catch the next one.