PDA

View Full Version : Roy Stasiuk new Lethbridge GM

Chipper
11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Cranbrook, BC - Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced Roy Stasiuk has been named General Manager of the Lethbridge Hurricanes. Stasiuk, who has been with the ICE organization since October 1995, has signed a three-year contract with the Hurricanes.

"It is a day of mixed emotions for our Hockey Club. Our job is to develop not only players, but also management whose long term goals are to either advance in our League or in professional hockey and for that we are extremely proud of the opportunity given to Roy. He has been with our organization since the beginning and has grown into one of the top evaluators of young talent in the WHL. We will definitely miss Roy, but would like to wish him and his family all the best in his new job and thank him for his loyalty and friendship," continued Chynoweth.

"This was a very tough decision to make, but I have always had the aspiration to be a General Manager in the WHL. These types of opportunities do not come along everyday and this is a great opportunity for both my family and myself. I would like to thank the Chynoweth family for giving me an opportunity 11 years ago and for allowing me to grow, first as the Director of Player Personnel and secondly for the last four years as Assistant General Manager. I have been very fortunate to work with some great people during my tenure with the ICE organization and I will never forget the memories we shared," commented Roy Stasiuk.

Roy Stasiuk has worked in the WHL since 1988, working as an Alberta Scout for both the Prince Albert Raiders (1988-1994) and Red Deer Rebels (1994-1995). He was responsible for drafting former ICE players Steve McCarthy, Jarret Stoll, Dan Blackburn and Nigel Dawes as well as current players Dale Mahovsky, Ryan Russell, Ben Maxwell and John Negrin.

Chipper
11-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Roy will be missed by the Ice a lot. He was the main cog in recruting and drafting talent. His resume speaks for itself and the hole he leaves will be hard to fill. IMO he was the man that made Managements job easier Roy has a long history as a proven winner. Good luck Roy in your new job, except when you play the ICE. The huricanes will have stability now.

Spungy
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry to see him go. he had a great eye for players!

Chipper
11-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry to see him go. he had a great eye for players!
We can only hope, like you said... (he had a great eye) :laugh: Just havin fun with your words Spungy :D

tender
11-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Yes sorry to see Roy go he was definitely a big reason for the Ices successfull seasons and some of the players he drafted past and present hes going to be a big asset to Lethbrige and should help them with the future of that team tremendesly I wish Roy all the best with the Hurricanes . :thumb:

In the crowd
11-09-2005, 12:19 AM
I've heard there is something coming back in the stasiuk hiring, i guess we'll have to wait and see

fightstrap50
11-09-2005, 09:50 AM
I've heard there is something coming back in the stasiuk hiring, i guess we'll have to wait and see
I have heard we got Curtis Billsten and a 4th round pick!
This could deffinetly help us out. If its true then Welcome to the ICE Curtis.

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
11-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I have heard we got Curtis Billsten and a 4th round pick!
This could deffinetly help us out. If its true then Welcome to the ICE Curtis.

GO ICE GO!!!
I have heard the rumour also but haven't seen any oficial release yet. It makes me think of the Bob Tory ordeal where we ended up getting a 15 year old goalie named Jeff Glass, Remember him? I think we all know how that strange trade turned out. :groovy: Maybe something good will come out of this for us and we can slowly forget about Roy and the amazing job he did for us.