PDA

View Full Version : Canes Hire Stasiuk and Dyck

Beaner
11-08-2005, 12:47 PM
from www.chl.ca

Lethbridge, Alberta – The Lethbridge Hurricanes Board of Directors is extremely pleased and excited to unveil the plans for the new direction of the Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club.

In keeping with the Hurricanes’ Mission Statement:

“The Lethbridge Hurricane’s Hockey Club Mission is to be a successful community asset that is committed and responsible to its various stakeholders and that develops and educates hockey players in a professional, nurturing environment.”

It is with a great deal of pleasure and anticipation that we announce the hiring of Roy Stasiuk as the team’s new General Manager.

Roy’s hockey background is impressive and extensive. Roy has spent the last 10 seasons with the Kootenay Ice as their Assistant General Manager. He helped lead the Ice to two Memorial Cup appearances including a championship in 2002.

Prior to joining the Ice, Roy spent 6 seasons with the Prince Albert Raiders and a season with the Red Deer Rebels.

“I am very excited about joining the Lethbridge Hurricanes,” said Stasiuk. “I look forward to guiding the Hurricanes in a new direction. It’s the goal of our organization to be successful on the ice and in the community.”

Roy has been married 21 years to his wife Donna. He has an 18 year-old daughter (Samantha) and a 16 year-old son (Kyle).

The Hurricanes look forward to Roy bringing a professional, positive and nurturing environment to the Hurricane Family.

The Hurricanes are also pleased to announce the activation of the option year of Assistant General Manager Brad McEwen’s contract. “I look forward to working first hand with Roy, he brings extensive credentials and expertise to our organization.”

The organization expresses its excitement by announcing the hiring of Michael Dyck as their new Head Coach.

Michael is a former WHL player, scout and Hurricane assistant coach. Michael has spent the last three plus seasons with the Vancouver Giants as an assistant coach.

“Michael is excited about returning to the Lethbridge Hurricanes and bringing his family back home.”

Michael is married to Charlene and has two children, Bailey (6) and Carson (4) back to Southern Alberta.

The hockey club is also pleased to announce the extension of the contract of assistant coach Luc Theoret.

“I am happy that the team leadership has been put in place and we can work together to build this team. It’s a new era for the Lethbridge Hurricanes,” said Theoret.

The Hurricanes have also come to contract terms with goaltender coach Jeff Battah. “I am very excited to be working with Roy and Michael, as we move this team forward,” said Battah.

“The addition of highly qualified and dedicated hockey personnel by the organization, fulfills the core values which govern our hockey club,” commented Hurricanes’ President Brian McNaughton. We are very fortunate to bring quality leadership to the club. We look forward with confidence to the new leadership team that is now in place, to move this organization forward,” added Mcnaughton.

Nature Boy
11-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I think that this is a great hiring for Lethbridge. Michael is a home grown boy. He is a good coach, and he was a good assistant coach with Lethbridge before. He should have never left three years ago. He could have been head coach then. Great to see Michael is coming back home.

smilly
11-08-2005, 05:18 PM
It's great to see michael dyck coming back. Don't know much about roy staziuk. But we still have not heard the real reason for the firing.Looks like McNaughton was just clearing the way to bring in his personel. The Lethbridge shareholders still need a better explanation than just going in a new direction. That's the same answer we got when Maxwell and makela were fired. :bounce:

GF71
11-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Having had more than a few dealings with Michael while I was doing my old Giants web site, you will not find a more approachable and friendly person off of the ice. He is very excited to be returning home. He should make a big difference for the canes. The players that I have talked to today (Giants) are happy for him, but not so happy to see him go for whatever that is worth. Congratulations Mike. :clap:

Hitmen1
11-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Roy is a great addition by the Canes. He was apart of lots of success with the Ice.

loudi94
11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
It's great to see michael dyck coming back. Don't know much about roy staziuk. But we still have not heard the real reason for the firing.Looks like McNaughton was just clearing the way to bring in his personel. The Lethbridge shareholders still need a better explanation than just going in a new direction. That's the same answer we got when Maxwell and makela were fired. :bounce:

You're never going to hear anything but rumours as to why the pair were dismissed. Reason being: The rumours are true and you can't splatter people's personal crap all over the community.

I went back and found this thread. http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=3008
I feel like a psychic (looking for smily that pats oneself on the back). I even pm'd Nielson11 and mel saying that if Stocker didn't fire Hoffard, he'd get the axe too. That was on September 11th. Well here we are.

On another note, I'm thrilled to have Mike as the head coach of this team. The players will love him and will play for him. Great move.