PDA

View Full Version : Dowzak?

kelownakarl
11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
WHL injury report says Dowzak out indefinite (shoulder)

anyone able to shed some light on this situation?

Beaner
11-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow, what is that 4-5 guys out with shoulder injuries in kelowna? Is there something weird going on with the boards in Kelowna or is it just one of those things?

I just remember back when the 'Nucks opened GM place and the boards had no give at all, all kinds of guys were going down with shoulder injuries then.

Jovorock
11-09-2005, 08:19 AM
I haven't heard of anything about Dowzak, too bad he has been playing very good for a 17 yr old. With Card and Dowzak out with shoulder injurys it leaves a big whole back there.

Sput
11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Thats a good thing for the Cats tonight. J/K! I'd love to be there tonight to see the game. I guess listening to St. Claire on the radio is the best I can get. Good luck to both teams. This is making the race to Christmas pretty interesting.

Jovorock
11-10-2005, 09:08 AM
With the Rockets having five players out of their lineup they really handed it to the Cougs. The 16 and 17 year olds were the best players last night. Mcrae, Schenn and Hill were the best players on the ice. The two defensemen were a plus 4 and Hill a plus 2.

Rocket defense really played well, Edler, Couture, Cumisky, Reinholt and of course Schenn all played very solid. For all the Couture bashers out there, guess who is a plus 9 year to date?

I was surprised at a welll coached Couger team got pretty cheap in the third when it was only 3-0. Zimmer, King, Hunter and of course Rogers hit from behind with less than three minutes left. Great for Liam to go after Rogers and stick up for his team mate. Wishart also cheap shoted a Rocket and Schenn went after him.

Overall a badly reffed game, Vetter was brutal and missed alot and let the game get out of control with the cheap shots.

Sput
11-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Overall a badly reffed game, Vetter was brutal and missed alot and let the game get out of control with the cheap shots.

From what I heard on the radio it was a brutal dispay of reffing, for both sides. Our pbp guy was talking about the beauty open ice hit by Wishart, and Shenn jumping in, "taking acception" to the hit as Ron would say. I didn't see it, so can't comment if it was cheap or if the Rocket wasn't looking around, so I'll have to wait to see any replays we might get up here.

What happened with Fuller in the first?? Again St. Claire wasn't paying attention to the play, and only focusing on the puck (granted it was far behind the play). Evan was down for a long time, and he's a tough customer, so what was it? Anyone?

IamBatman
11-10-2005, 01:11 PM
What happened with Fuller in the first?? Again St. Claire wasn't paying attention to the play, and only focusing on the puck (granted it was far behind the play). Evan was down for a long time, and he's a tough customer, so what was it? Anyone?

It was quite bizarre. I don't know if anyone really saw what happened. He went to hit someone, missed and hit the boards. I am wondering if maybe he head butted the corner of the boards? There was no blood on the ice. Maybe a shoulder separation? It was really tough to tell. He just laid there for a good couple minutes not moving a whole lot. Thought it might be more serious until he went off under his own steam.

Jovorock
11-10-2005, 02:41 PM
It was quite bizarre. I don't know if anyone really saw what happened. He went to hit someone, missed and hit the boards. I am wondering if maybe he head butted the corner of the boards? There was no blood on the ice. Maybe a shoulder separation? It was really tough to tell. He just laid there for a good couple minutes not moving a whole lot. Thought it might be more serious until he went off under his own steam.
I only caught it from the corner of my eye. The lady beside me said he just went head first into the boards. Dr. Bobyn was on the ice just after the Coug trainer got there. It was bizare, the only thing I can think of he missed hitting a Rocket and weent into the boards. There wasn't a Rocket around him?

Any word on Fuller, he took a long time to get up. It was scary for a few minutes.

kevanie97
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Well I can shed some light on it, he went to hit a Rocket but his skate got caught in a groove and he fell onto the ice and slid into the boards, he told the trainer he had a sharp pain in the small of his back and to the left side, when the Doc got out there he said the pain was gone but the doc checked him over and decide the spinal board wasn't needed but sent him to the dressing room, in there he told the doc he was fine and ready to go but the doc told him no and that it was probably a form of a stinger and he needed to take one night off.

As for the hit and then fight between Wisart-Schenn, there was no hit only a cross check to the back of Cuthbert as he was going off for a line change in front of the PG bench, Cutter fell down onto his back and Wisart and another PG player jumped/fell on top of him and Wisart was rubbing his gloves in Cutter face so Schenn came over and dragged Wisart of him. Schenn handled himself pretty good going against an 18 year old, before Schenn even knew he was in a fight Wisart had dropped his gloves and caught Schenn on top of the nose, Schenn then righted himself got a short left in and threw Wisart down and landed on top of him, next time they were back on the ice together, Wisart way behind the play slashed someone in behind the knees and Schenn went over after him and shook his gloves and challenged him and Wisart shook his head no, he gave the rookie a little respect in that regards IMO.

Considering his age, he just turned 16, 6 days ago and the size he already is 6'3-210 lbs, this kid has termendous potential already and will easily add another 25-30 pounds and be an absolute monster of a player, the NHL scouts in the press box last night were raving about him and his potential

rinkrat
11-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I only caught it from the corner of my eye. The lady beside me said he just went head first into the boards. Dr. Bobyn was on the ice just after the Coug trainer got there. It was bizare, the only thing I can think of he missed hitting a Rocket and weent into the boards. There wasn't a Rocket around him?

Any word on Fuller, he took a long time to get up. It was scary for a few minutes.
Is that Dr Bobyn Sr. or his son? I went to school and played hockey with the Bobyn twins.

kevanie97
11-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Its Michael the twins aren't doctors and where did you play hockey with the twins? I never knew they did but knew Micke and Larry did .

rinkrat
11-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Its Michael the twins aren't doctors and where did you play hockey with the twins? I never knew they did but knew Micke and Larry did .
I played minor hockey in Kelowna,I'm 40 now...

kevanie97
11-11-2005, 03:41 PM
The twins both live here in Kelowna now one is in pharmaceuticals, not sure what teh other one does, both Mike and Larry have practices here in Kelowna and were Marty is , is anybodys guess.