PDA

View Full Version : wheaties set to unviel new duds

WHEATMAN
11-08-2005, 04:58 PM
WHEATIES TO UNVEIL NEW DUDS

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

First 3,000 fans will receive Plante poster

Brandon, Manitoba -- Western Manitoba hockey fans will have plenty to look forward to Friday night when the Wheat Kings face off against the Saskatoon Blades at the Keystone Centre.

Not only will the Wheat Kings use Friday's game to officially kick off Manitoba Minor Hockey Week, the defending Eastern Conference Champions have announced plans to unveil their new Third Jerseys during Friday night's game against the Blades, who scored an exciting 3-2 overtime victory over the Wheat Kings on Sunday night.

The first 3,000 fans attending Friday's game will also receive a commemorative Tyler Plante 2005 Western Hockey League Rookie of the Year poster, courtesy of Simplot Agribusiness.

Three years in the making, this marks only the second time in their 38-year history that the Wheat Kings have a new Third jersey. The new jersey was created by Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions of Toronto, the same company that created the WHL club's current home and away jerseys.

Among his many designs include the WHL's Everett Silvertips, the Saskatoon Blades, Swift Current Broncos and Medicine Hat Tigers as well as several clubs from the Ontario Hockey League - the Peterborough Petes' 40 Anniversary jersey, Mississauga Ice Dogs, Belleville Bulls, Owen Sound Attack and the North Bay Centennials. He has also designed jerseys for teams in the American Hockey League, United States Hockey League, Arena Football League, the NCAA and Continental Basketball Association.

Tickets to Friday's game are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office, by calling 726-3555 or by going on line at ticketmaster.ca

In recognition of Remembrance Day on Friday, the Keystone box office will be open at 1 p.m

Triton
11-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Too bad I live in Saskatchewan.I'd love to have the Plante poster.Interesting to see what the new 3rds could possibly look like.Personally they should bring back the old jersey's.Some history to those.

WHEATMAN
11-09-2005, 08:28 AM
i liked the old ones from the ninties, they are changing jerseys too much now

Triton
11-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Wanna see some fugly jersey's....

Fight Guy
11-12-2005, 02:31 PM
GO BRUINS!!!....errrr.....WHEATIES!!?!

I like the logo...

...ummm.....I like how they have the same wheat stripes as the thier home and aways....

.........GO BRUINS!!!

GF71
11-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I like em. Nice to see soemthing with a different colour. :thumb: