PDA

View Full Version : Billsten Sent To Ice...

Nielson11
11-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey Guys,

Curtis Billsten has been sent to the Kootenay ice for a list player and a draft pick.

So pretty much as compensation for Stasiuk.

Chipper
11-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Do you have any kind of press release that says this is part of a compinsation for Roy Stasiuk? or are we all asuming that. Maybe its just a trade! Lane allan and a pick for Billsten. I don't know and need to see something official before I believe its got anything to do with Roy Stasiuk.

its like that
11-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Todays herald stated the the terms of the compensation will be worked out between the teams and not released pubicly. I'd imagine that we won't ever see a press release saying this was 100% a compensation deal. But during his press conference Stasiuk mentioned his biggest concern was only having 12 forwards on the team, then his first move is to trade one of the hurricanes top line players for a forward thats not even in the league this year (yet)?? it doesn't make sence. Billstens name was being thrown around as compensation terms before the trade was official, so to me it seems clear thats exactly how it went down.

Nielson11
11-10-2005, 11:38 AM
It's clearly UNOFFICIAL Compensation....and from what I've herd it doesn't sit well with Canes fanes. Billsten was the clubs most COMPLETE forward.

NIelson

loudi94
11-10-2005, 06:19 PM
It's clearly UNOFFICIAL Compensation....and from what I've herd it doesn't sit well with Canes fanes. Billsten was the clubs most COMPLETE forward.

NIelson

It doesn't sit well because it is the price the Canes paid to get rid of Hoffard and Stocker. I like the new hirings, but neither is going to score a goal. Having said that, let's see what the boys do on the ice tonight. New found life or a kick in rear.