PDA

View Full Version : ICE vs Hitmen game review(kinda)

fightstrap50
11-11-2005, 01:02 AM
It was a great team effort tonight. I really like Curtis Billsten(thanks Roy), I thought he jumped in on the first shift as a member of the Ice and fit in perfectly. He is a fast guy for 6 foot 3 225 pounds and is pretty good with the puck. We are going to like having him around. He got an assit in his first game as member on the ICE. way to go Curtis. Dahlin Flatt also got his first assist in an ICE jersey on the same goal.

ICE goals coming from Case Lee(1) and a beauty wrist shot from Ben Maxwell!(1) And an empty netter from Ryan Russel(1) Calgary's lone goal came from Fredrik Petterson.

Flatt showed tonight that he wont take crap and wont back down others and can set up good plays as he is a strong guy on the boards ect. He looks like he will fit in pretty well as will Paul Kurceba. Paul seems smart with the first pass and good on the offensive blue line as well as being a solid D-man in our end.

Over all I thought the whole team played a pretty good game, Dakers stopped a wicked break away on a big left pad save, it was SWEET!!! And other than the weak goal on a bobble trying to play or go for the puck he would have had a shut out.

Maxwell is flying all over the place making chances everywhere, Mahovsky is hitting everyone in site. Cracknell played decent but looks at times to just need a rest. How many minutes a game is he playing?
3rd and fourth lines look strong too

Hats off to Calgary though too, they look pretty solid and have a huge defence to skate through and shoot through. Pogge is looking pretty good this year to, hes much improved and looks like he grew taller since last year. Without him making some great saves the score would have been alot worse for them and better for us.

DaSilva's hit on Yeo in open ice was awesome but apparently Dylan Yeo figured he needed to be jumped for it! Steve didn't even get a chance to drop his gloves and was getting pounded on(5 minute penalty). Dylan got 17 minutes for it with the instigator and a 10. It was a beautifull clean hit though.

All in all, A great game for the guys to win, and a good welcome home game for the new players in their first game in the Rec-Plex. Congrats ICE!!

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
11-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Nice recap Fightstrap.
I also thought it was a great game by both teams. I liked what I saw in the new guys and thought that Flatt was going to get in a fight with someone last night. I was sitting next to a scout last night and he was writing stats everytime Maxwelll was on the ice, he seemed to really like him . We are a lot bigger and tougher now with these trades, when Sylvester gets some ice time he will be protected forsure, but I guess he will have to wait a while before he will get some serious attention. It is going to be fun to watch them and we will be a stronger come playoff time.

tender
11-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I thought last nights game was good as well some good end to end action Dakers played great beautiful pad save on that break a way the new players looked good as well the passing was alittle scarry at times and they couldnt get the powerplay going last night but the penalty kill was awsome . Looking forward to the next couple games against Everett and Lethbrige . GO ICE GO!! :clap: