PDA

View Full Version : WHL's Best Division??

Nielson11
01-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey Guys,

I know I have my mind set on the Central Division being that toughest...however if you think other wise, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Nielson

kelownakarl
01-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Med Hat, Leth, Red Deer, Cal are all super strong clubs. Swift is always competitive. Hands down the best division in the WHl maybe the whole CHL.

RunTheGoalie
01-30-2005, 06:21 PM
<nitpick>There is no west division</nitpick> ;)

The BC division is quite tough, especially with Kootenay demolishing everything in sight right now, and being second in the league behind Kelowna, but it has two very weak sisters trying to make sure the other team gets into the playoffs.

In the Central, the top four teams are seperated by three points, while Swift Current probably could have made the playoffs were it in any other division.

Spungy
01-30-2005, 07:23 PM
I would have to agree with the rest that the Central is the toughest.

it sometimes seems the the east and the west play two different styles all together.

Chipper
01-31-2005, 08:35 PM
The Cental Div would be the best division but the B.C. div has the best two teams.

Rebel66
01-31-2005, 08:55 PM
The Cental Div would be the best division but the B.C. div has the best two teams.

That is quite possibly the case (Ice & Rockets the best) but any of the top four Central teams would give them a run for their money. It could well be that whoever comes out of the East conf will be so beaten up that the Western team will have an easier time of it in any case. That has happened in the past for sure. That said, the Ice & Rockets are both extremely good clubs from top to bottom and are very well coached.

Let's face it two really good teams in the Central are going out in the first round of the playoffs no matter what and the two teams progressing will have had a heck of a battle getting through.

On topic, there is no question that the Central is the toughest division in the dub and possibly the entire junior hockey league.

Tinner
01-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Central :p

Triton
01-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Central without a doubt,weakest division...US(besides Seattle),second would be East.

Teaps
01-31-2005, 09:40 PM
US is not the worst...

The East is by FAR the weakest division. The US even has the edge on the eastern teams overall

Daryl
02-01-2005, 12:15 AM
While Seattle is the best team of the two divisions I think if you compare the top 3 in each division the East has a definite edge. The problem in the east is two incredibly weak teams and that always leads to doubts as to how good the top teams in the east are as they get to play the moosee jaws and reginas more than anyone else.