PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy a win

Tinner
11-12-2005, 07:06 AM
As everyone has been saying, we can't buy a win, so I think its time to buy one.

That is, we are going to play a game where we do everything right rather than having some mistake or fluke cost us a game. At the very least the kids are gaining experience on what it takes to win. Now that I've said that, one has to wonder if there is anything else that can be done to lift or raise our level of play in order for us to be better.

Don't everyone jump on me, but I'll say it because I'm thinking it.....when you lose 10 games in a row, sometimes the coaching staff is part of the problem. Do you think that it could be an issue?

My point being, in every other situation similar to this, its the coaching staff that gets relieved of their duties. We see it all the time. Here, Red Deer, we know our situation (or think) its different because of having a young team, but none the less, this is a common occurance.

tiny
11-12-2005, 08:48 AM
The one coaching change I wouldn't be surprised to see is a goaltending coach hired. Our goaltenders have always had the guidance, support and advice of a coach specifically designated to them. Leslie and Reimer might become even better tenders with that.

We are close...would that help them steal games for us and put us over the top??

How many one goal games have we had this year??

Rebrevs
11-12-2005, 08:50 AM
The kids competed in 3 of 4 games this past road trip which is a considerable imrovement over what was happening prior to the venture. Poor coaching would suggest that a team with good ability would be consistently underachieving. THis is not the case with the Rebels. THe Rebels are a young team who are progressing and learning on a relatively steady basis. Comparing coaching success, in this situation, to older and seemingly more successful teams in the league is unfair and unrealistic. Should Kelwona or Kamloops or Prince George have only defeated the Rebels by the narrow margin they did and in overtime or shootouts given their average age and experience? Perhaps those coaches should be questioned for the mediocre play of their teams. Not challenging you in the least. Just my thoughts.

D.A.
11-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I've always thought that calling for a coach's head in a situation like this is pretty ridiculous. So the guy is the best coach in the world for half a dozen years and 10 games later he's so bad he should be fired? Did he get a lobotomy a few weeks ago? I just don't get it.

rdreb
11-12-2005, 11:50 AM
For all the years that the other team have been saying that Sutter has paid the reff.
Maybe it is time that he did so.

tiny
11-12-2005, 01:10 PM
I've always thought that calling for a coach's head in a situation like this is pretty ridiculous. So the guy is the best coach in the world for half a dozen years and 10 games later he's so bad he should be fired? Did he get a lobotomy a few weeks ago? I just don't get it.

amen. and thanks for the way you said it.

Tinner
11-12-2005, 01:38 PM
nobody is calling for his head. As I stated, in "most cases" this is the case. But you have brought up a point worth considering, and that is, certainly he hasn't lost his coaching abilities but the reference was, have the horses quit responding to his style? The team is playing better hockey lately and I'm sure the ship is about to right itself.....soon.

hockey4
11-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I cant believe people would even consider a thought like that. This is a rebuilding year, we are not going to be as good as before. it is not the coaches fault, nor the players. We should be giving the coaches more credit if anything. We took some of the leagues top teams to overtime. And the talent between their team and our team (right now) doesnt even compare. I am more excited now to see the team then i was before the road trip. Their is nobody to blame here. To see where the team has gona from september till now is unbeliveable. Why would someone even consider "questioning" the coach.

3rebels
11-12-2005, 10:31 PM
New guys, new linemates, NEW COACH, NOT. COme on, give the guys a chance. I can't wait for Friday !!
GO, REBS, GO :groovy:
:thumb: :bounce: :clap:

Rebrevs
11-13-2005, 09:43 AM
I am really looking forward to this Friday as well. The anticipation of looking for the latest improvements makes it sometimes more fun to go to games than in the recent past.

WHEATMAN
11-13-2005, 01:12 PM
thats what happens when youre at the top of the league for so long

frontrow fan
11-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I am also excited about this weekends up coming games, it seems so far between games at home...
The road games I have listened to seemed fairly exciting, hopefully that will continue. I agree that a goaltending coach would be a definate asset.
These players need specialized coaching that regular coachs can not address.
But who's available??

Looking forward to Friday!! woo hoo!! GO REBELS GO!!!
Can we make some NOISE Red Deer????????????? :groovy: