PDA

View Full Version : Why I do not like Sunday games

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-12-2005, 03:12 PM
I know that it is not The WHL's fault or the Saskatoon Blades fault for the schedule being set out this way, it does matter on wheather or not their is another event the needs the CUC to host it, on top of that the only way that I can get to and from the games is if I take public transit or get a ride from a friend to and from the game,and on Sundays the bus schedule is atroshoius (sp) that is the main reason why i can not attend the sunday games. I used to go to alot of games with my dad, but when he was unexpectedly killed 2 years ago,(my Mom does not drive) So I had to take the bus to the games, I am ok with taking the bus to a game on a weekday or Saturday, I have never taken the bus to a game on Sunday. I will have to either get my drivers license or continue to take the bus to the games or stay home and listen to the games on the radio.( I obviously prefer to see the game live, but if that is my last resort then ok whatever will keep me informed about the scores and all of the important info.

Scout
11-12-2005, 03:42 PM
It's great to see you are such a die hard fan. Keep it up. All teams should have such loyal fans such as yourself.

Scout

Billy Blade
11-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I used to go to alot of games with my dad, but when he was uexpectedly killed 2 years ago,(my Mom does not drive)

I'm sorry to hear that, it's awful losing a parent, especially unexpectedly and when you (and I'm assuming him) are so young yet. My mom passed away just over two years ago as well from cancer, and she only survived a few weeks from the time she found out about it, so it was pretty quick and unexpected. It's great to hear you're still going to the games and you take care of your mom!

What end of town do you live in?

Kristi
11-12-2005, 05:21 PM
What a great fan! I am sure there are people in your town who would be happy to give you a ride.

I know if you were in Everett it would not be a problem! You'd probably have more rides then you knew what to do with!

Come on Blades fans.......get this guy to the Sunday games!! :)

Spungy
11-12-2005, 06:28 PM
i bet someone lives in the same area eh?

my fingers are crossed for you!
at least for a ride home anyhow

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-13-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, it's awful losing a parent, especially unexpectedly and when you (and I'm assuming him) are so young yet. My mom passed away just over two years ago as well from cancer, and she only survived a few weeks from the time she found out about it, so it was pretty quick and unexpected. It's great to hear you're still going to the games and you take care of your mom!

What end of town do you live in?

It is a very long story, I heard on Global news that a person was killed and I,(my younger brother, younger sister,twin Sister and my mom did not know it was him but, I came home from school when I was in grade 9 and I was watching Global sports when Saskatoon found out that Ryan Keller had been invited to tryout for one of the Canadian teams (Which I can not remember Probably not the Toronto Maple Leafs )that is what I was doing at the time when the RCMP knocked on the door and gave us the sad news

When I first started going to games after he was killed, I could not stand it, because I was so used to going to games with him and enjoying a good time at a hockey game.

I live on the Eastside-Sutherland Forest Grove area.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-13-2005, 11:32 AM
So I will be taking an early bus downtown and then catching the bus to the game. I will be wearing my home jersey(The New one of course) and my Toronto Maple Leafs hat, I do not know where I will be sitting because I have an 18 game Flex Pack(and apparently you can not choose or suggest where you would like to sit.) :confused: So you should see me walking around on the concourse, If you look hard enough just Kidding :laugh: man am I funny or what? Hmm not really. (honestly how many people have bought the new home jerseys though?) I have only seen a couple of people wearing the home jersey,and a couple of people wearing the new 3rd jersey. I have been to all of the home games except the one game Verses the Kelowna Rockets. If you want to talk to me or just say hi,that is fine with me.

Triton
11-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad as well.I would have given you a ride if I was attending today,because when Brandon plays anywhere in Saskatchewan,I usually make the trip to wherever to watch them,but I have other commitments for today so I'am sorry bud I'am not there to give you a ride.Would you have accepted a ride from a W'king fan??LOL :laugh:

Billy Blade
11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
I live on the Eastside-Sutherland Forest Grove area.

Crappy.. you're pretty much the complete opposite end for me. I'm over in Fairhaven.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Crappy.. you're pretty much the complete opposite end for me. I'm over in Fairhaven.
oh well I will just take the bus to and from the game today . I was going to do that anyways.

Billy Blade
11-13-2005, 08:55 PM
oh well I will just take the bus to and from the game today . I was going to do that anyways.

Hey, was that you talking to the Shark Club girls after Bahensky scored his goal? ;)

:thumb:

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey, was that you talking to the Shark Club girls after Bahensky scored his goal? ;)

:thumb:

But sadly I did not get the gift certificates because I am only 17 My uncle who was sittting beside me was given the certificates because I was being so loud,blowing my horn and waving my small flag and the only flag that they sell in the StarZone. I was distracted (by the girls obviously) and did not catch the names of the players who scored and assisted on the goal. Good times nontheless :thumb:

ofhdhdy
11-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I was at sundays game just like you guys sitting in section C. It was only my second game of the season and what an exciting game it was. When it reached to overtime I was praying for a Blades win or at least a shootout. Im glad both happened and Gilles goal was very very nice. I preffered that live shootout then the NHL ones that I have seen on TV so far. How many games have you guys been to so far this year?

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-22-2005, 06:19 PM
I was at sundays game just like you guys sitting in section C. It was only my second game of the season and what an exciting game it was. When it reached to overtime I was praying for a Blades win or at least a shootout. Im glad both happened and Gilles goal was very very nice. I preffered that live shootout then the NHL ones that I have seen on TV so far. How many games have you guys been to so far this year?
I have been to all of the home games except the Kelowna Rocket Game when they were in town.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I am mad about this because I have to take a bus to get to the game(usually I get a ride from Blades 4 life,but his car is in the shop,and so I am mad because I will probably have to spend around $25 on a cab to get home :mad: :mad: :skeptical Why did they have to change the game time to a later start time? There are tv's in the CUC and so the fans that wanted to watch the rest of the game could have watched them on the Tv's at the CUC and listened to the start of the game on their radio while they were driving to the game,the last bus leaves downtown to go to my area even before the game is over(the bus schedule is bad and doesn't run as late as it does on weekdays and even saturday) I am glad that there is only one sunday game this year. I know I will be the only person mad about the start time of the game tonight. I know that if I try and do something about this by myself nothing will be done,that is the facts of life. I am very mad about this. I will still be at the game of course.

Ok my rant ends here because no matter how much I complain and rant it is more than likely that nothing will be done. I was liking the new bus service very much until this situatuion arose, you probably know who I am mad at,but one person complaining about this probably will not make a differance.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Well is Brandon driving you today again? you've allready left most likelly but he should have.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Well is Brandon driving you today again? you've allready left most likelly but he should have.
No his car is in the shop,as I said in my last post in this thread, I am glad that today's game was the only sunday game this season.