PDA

View Full Version : And the EMMY goe to

scamperdog
11-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Dustan Slade is back, what a performance he put on tonight, I have to wonder if he was watching old Billy Smith Video, what a pile of crap, oh by the way he is just fine after his so called injury, what bunch of BS no way in hell Kassian deserved five.
As for the rest of the game full credit to the rest of the Giants,they came out ready to play and did exactly that.
Devon Dubnyk was right of his game tonight, everyone in the building could see that but the Blazers Coach, they should have gave him a rest after the third goal, would it have made a difference in the game I doubt it, and I am not the coach.
The big blow for the Blazers tonight is the loss of Reid Jorgansson, it sound like a jaw injury, not sure if dislocated or broke.
for the most part tonight there was very little flow, a lot of cheap shots by both teams, the ref for the most part gave the Blazers what they deserved i guess if there was something to go home happy about we did win the fights!

scamperdog
11-13-2005, 12:08 AM
The Vancouver Giants scored 3 powerplay goals en route to a 6-1 win...snapping the Blazers' 4-game win streak on Saturday night.

Michal Repik put the Giants up 1-0 after one before Chad Scharff and Milan Lucic picked up early second-period goals for a 3-0 Vancouver lead.

Ashton Rome briefly cut the lead to 3-1 with his 15th of the season, but the Giants restored their 3-goal lead just 20 seconds later with Kyle Lamb adding his first of two powerplay goals for a 5-1 lead after two. Lamb's second of the game wrapped up the scoring with 8-and-a-half minutes left.

Final shots were 30-19 Vancouver...with the Blazers 0-for-5 on the PP and 5-for-8 on the PK.

Most noteworthy is the fact the Blazers lost Reid Jorgensen late in the first period after taking a hit to the head. Jorgensen didn't return.

kelownakarl
11-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I remember last year in Kelowna, Chris Ray was chasing a puck down and SLIGHTLY GRAZED Slade, like I mean he barely touched him and Slade went down like he was shot and dead. And to top it off he got the deuce for "unsportsmanlike diving".

Beaner
11-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Scamperdog - what exactly happened on that play? The video did not pick it up at all, as the puck had moved to the corner.

GF71
11-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Is the trouble with the Blazers, the head coach? They have enough individually talented players on the team, but they can never seem to get it together enough as a team. The Giants always seem to make Dubnyk less than stellar...I wonder if they should've put in Maniago to start?

As for Slade...He tweaked his knee again...he still is not 100%, but very close...it has been bugging him still, HOWEVER I also am quite sure he made it look MUCH worse than what it was. He does have that history. He is fine as has been speculated and will be availble for play on Tuesday.

rinkrat
11-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Dustan Slade is back, what a performance he put on tonight, I have to wonder if he was watching old Billy Smith Video, what a pile of crap, oh by the way he is just fine after his so called injury, what bunch of BS no way in hell Kassian deserved five.
i guess if there was something to go home happy about we did win the fights!
Nice to see Slade has the players(and fans) more concerned about evening the score than winning the game.I guess he did his job.The boys will take the points,rather than the fights any day.Thanks for the two points. :thumb:

scamperdog
11-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Nice to see Slade has the players(and fans) more concerned about evening the score than winning the game.I guess he did his job.The boys will take the points,rather than the fights any day.Thanks for the two points. :thumb:
no problem giving you the points, they were well deserved, the most disturbing thing about that game is how important it was in the big picture, and how the blazers came out flat, Slade well your right he did his job, drew us into penalty trouble, end of story. hopefullly Dec 4 will be a much better game, last night had the makings of it, after a decent game friday, we just forgot to show up.

bobb
11-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Most noteworthy is the fact the Blazers lost Reid Jorgensen late in the first period after taking a hit to the head. Jorgensen didn't return.

Hey, was the hit dirty? I have been wondering for a couple days, couldn't remember my password, and wasn't at home to check.