PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea...

rinkrat
01-30-2005, 04:03 PM
How about,we create a thread or section where locals can give visitings fans info and tips as to the best hotel,best pre game meal restaraunt,best seats in the house,etc.I went on a road trip earlier this year and found the Everett fans very useful(on the other board).

ihlemic10
01-30-2005, 04:59 PM
sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind helping anyone who needs a list of places to go in Everett.

Spungy
01-30-2005, 05:53 PM
sounds like a good idea to me... could be a thread or section in each teams section to make it easiest to find..

Beaner
01-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Very good idea, you can just start a thread in each teams forum, get/make it stickied, and then boom, you have the info under the team you are planning on going to see.

rinkrat
01-30-2005, 06:50 PM
What is stickied?
By the way ilemic10,we were advised by Greg to go to the flying pig for the pre game,it was awesome,all the waitresses had Silvertips gear on,the place was packed.Great atmosphere,I was with my 2 sons wearing Giants gear,not a negative comment at the restaurant or the rink.Some fans even came up and welcomed us to town.I take back all the things I said about you yanks....( kidding).The rink atmosphere was awesome.I guess it depends on whose jersey you are wearing as to your treatment,right T Bird fans?
Anyway co operation between us fans should make these roadtrips possible and fun...

The_Vulk
01-30-2005, 08:29 PM
A "sticky", is a thread that always stays at the top of the forum.

And yay, knowing fan friendly places to go to when visiting another city is a great idea.

I know that when we are in Red Deer, the Kelsey's just north of the arena is a great place to eat/drink.

The staff are very friendly (even when we are in our teams jerseys). :D

ihlemic10
01-30-2005, 09:00 PM
rinkrat: Thats what i was going to suggest. Thats the place everyone goes to before or after hockeygames. Its an awesome place.

Kamfan
01-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Very good idea, you can just start a thread in each teams forum, get/make it stickied, and then boom, you have the info under the team you are planning on going to see.

That's what I was thinking too. I've already started a Kamloops info post, but got a little lazy and haven't quite finished it yet. If someone could establish a format, that might help.

Mileflames
01-31-2005, 01:14 AM
http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?p=2401#post2401

Here is my draft of the Calgary one, please feel free to add on.