PDA

View Full Version : Pats lose another D-man

Pats11
11-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Spencer Fraipont Lost For The Season

November 12, 2005

SPENCER FRAIPONT LOST FOR THE SEASON

Regina SK ---- This afternoon the Regina Pats announced that seventeen-year-old defenceman Spencer Fraipont will not return to the ice this season and will undergo back surgery in the near future to repair a fracture in his vertebrate.

Fraipont, a 6’3” 207lb product of Kelowna, BC, was a protected list addition of the Pats last December and appeared in three games with the Pats this season.

“We are extremely disappointed for Spencer. He began the season with a lot of promise and for him to have his draft year cut short due to an injury is really a shame. Our goal now is to get him healthy so he can return to our line-up next fall,” commented Pats GM Brent Parker.

The loss of Fraipont leaves the Pats with six defencemen on their current roster. On Monday the team learned that nineteen-year-old Andy Schenn is also lost for the remainder of the season due to post-concussion syndrome.

Pats11
11-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Pats are now down to 6 d-men with two of those (Reinhart and Patterson) being completely useless. Pats have to make a deal for a physical guy on the back-end and even have an open 20yr old spot available.

nivek_wahs
11-15-2005, 03:19 AM
From watching all of training camp this year I thought that Spencer would have been one of the teams top defencemen by season's end. He is blessed with size, speed and a physical edge. I wish him all the best in his recovery and look forward to seeing him retur to the Pats' lineup next year.

With that said...
I think the Pats have a couple of decent kids they can call upon to play regularly in their lineup: Matt Delahey and Matt MacDermott. Both guys are decent players with good speed and skills. They might not have the physical nature but pne or both would be an improvement from a couple d-men they have already (I will not say which ones, but Pats11 has... :D )

Kevin