PDA

View Full Version : A sad, sad day for wrestling fans

ointhecreek
11-13-2005, 08:26 PM
WWE reports Eddie Guerrero found dead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By COREY DAVID LACROIX -- SLAM! Wrestling

WWE.com is reporting today that Eddie Guerrero was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis, MN.

No cause of death has been reported, Guerrero is survived by his wife Vickie and two daughters.

Guerrero had an absolutely stellar wrestling career, marked by his ability to deliver athletically competent, emotional, and ultimately awe inspiring performances in the ring. At the same time, it seemed he was constantly fending off his own personal demons in the form of alcohol and drug dependency. Those struggles were immortalized in the released DVD Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story.

ointhecreek
11-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Eddie Guerrero was found this morning with his toothbrush in his mouth on the bathroom floor. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. The belief among those within WWE is that he had a heart failure. PWTorch.com reports that shortly after Guerrero's body was removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero all visited the hotel room to say their final goodbyes. Many WWE staffers were visibly shaken by this as they left the hotel and headed for the arena.

WWE.com noted the following: Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero held a press conference regarding the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero today at 12:45 CT. At this time, the circumstances surrounding his death are still unclear.

Chipper
11-13-2005, 09:34 PM
I have never watched any sport(entertainment) that has so much suspisious death in it. I quit watching after Owen Hart was killed in the ring. I lost all respect for a sport that drags off the body and sets up the next match especialy WWF or now called WWE.

HAF
11-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I read a book a while back written by Rowdy Roddy Piper talking alot about the suspicious deaths that have happened in Pro Wrestling over the last 10 or 15 years. The book is called "In the Pit With Piper". He calls it a "sickness" that is forced on them by promoters who are constantly forcing things down their throats such as grueling travel schedules, very little time off and the need to always push the envelope in creating a more extreme show.
I highly reccomend the book. It was actually pretty interesting. You can probably find it on ebay for just a few dollers.

Jovorock
11-14-2005, 08:32 AM
The book is called "In the Pit With Piper". He calls it a "sickness" that is forced on them by promoters who are constantly forcing things down their throats such as grueling travel schedules, very little time off and the need to always push the envelope in creating a more extreme show.
I highly reccomend the book.
I will look for it, I always like Piper.

Too bad about Eddie, its a tough profession to be in and will be missed.

Chipper, wrestling is a sport/ entertainment the same as the NHL. If someone died during a NHL game, the game would continue.

Chipper
11-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Chipper, wrestling is a sport/ entertainment the same as the NHL. If someone died during a NHL game, the game would continue.

Yea probably but that was a high risk move staged by the WWF and I think that Vince Mcman(sp) has a long history of being a is a scum bag.

Jovorock
11-14-2005, 02:27 PM
I think that Vince Mcman(sp) has a long history of being a is a scum bag.
Rich scum bad. :laugh:

The_Vulk
11-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Eddie had a charisma and rassling skill that will be sorely missed.

And the story lines have been horrible, since the competition (WCW, ECW) are all gone.

Years of drugs, steroids, alcohol have a way of catching up to one, even after they have been "CLEAN" for a long time. The damage was done.

And yes, they have too many shows to perform each year. One of the reasons so many stars have to take so much time off to heal from injures as there is no 'off season'.

Scout
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
I remember reading that Lex Luger was arrested for the death of Elizabeth. Anybody know the story on this and what ever happened to Luger?

Scout

Triton
11-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Very sad raw last night.Very sad to see such monsterous stars such as the Big Show,Kurt Angle,Batista,HHH,and Benoit crying like they were.You never imagine those type of guys breaking down.Very emotional.Intersted to see what Smackdown will do on Friday.We will miss you Eddie.

Jovorock
11-16-2005, 08:58 AM
It was a very sad show Monday night, it shows what these people that spend so much time together think of each other. It really reminded me of the night after the Owen Hart show. Both equally very sad.

Tiger Trauma
11-18-2005, 06:33 PM
very sad indeed...I thought chavo had a really good match with JBL...paying tribute to eddie througout the match....

Its too bad things like that have to happen...from what i hear eddie had been sober for 4 years