PDA

View Full Version : Recap..

Triton
11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Anyone have a recap of how bad Brandon played last night?What are we STILL doing wrong out there?Any bright spots other than our really nice sticks and jersey's?I just want to hear what fans from other teams see that we don't when they are on the road.

Tidball
11-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Anyone have a recap of how bad Brandon played last night?What are we STILL doing wrong out there?Any bright spots other than our really nice sticks and jersey's?I just want to hear what fans from other teams see that we don't when they are on the road.

The jerseys are very nice. LOL. Brandon seemed like they had an off night. someone gave Menei a cheap shot at the beginning of the game and injured him. Blades scored 4 in the second and Tidball got 2. Wheatkings seemed to argue every penalty call they got, even the more obvious delay of game one. Something needs to be done in Brandon.

BTW i love Brandons third jerseys. :thumb:

Triton
11-14-2005, 06:31 PM
But what needs to be done?New coaching,trades,new system?Whats wrong with their defence,goaltending,forwards?I'am just trying to find some sort of answer to why they are so bad.Is them being so bad correctable??Need positives please other than their jersey's.

wango tango
11-15-2005, 10:54 AM
But what needs to be done?New coaching,trades,new system?Whats wrong with their defence,goaltending,forwards?I'am just trying to find some sort of answer to why they are so bad.Is them being so bad correctable??Need positives please other than their jersey's.

the wheaties played the blades straight up in the first period. they came out skating hard and being aggressive. the one glaring mistake they made in their own end led to the first goal by joe barnes. you could see the guys on the brandon bench slump their shoulders.

once the blades got their legs going in the second period, this was their fourth game in five nights, the wheaties really started struggle.

i thought jory played alright. he was left to face a lot of odd man rushes, 2 on 1's, and 3 on 2's.

watching brandon they reminded me of the wheaties pre marty murray in the late 80's early 90's. there is a lack of confidence (a little success and getting some bounces their way would help), a lack of competitiveness/tenacity (very un-wheatking like, very un-mccrimmon like), and a lack of offensive threats (to be expected with the loss of brandon's top six scorers).

what can be done? well the confidence thing will turnaround with some positive results, they'll get positive results if they start playing more tenacious. the scoring will only come with a trade, or time. unfortunately you have to give up something to get something so that might mean losing a piece of the puzzle that could help down the stretch.

the good news is prince albert is struggling right now too so the wheaties have a chance, even in a rebuilding year, to make the playoffs.