PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

FELIX17
11-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this team? Trades? Fire myself?

Sincerely,

Donn Clark

Triton
11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Here's what I think P.A's problem is:

Honestly PA has one line:Byers Chipchura and Seitsonen.All teams have to do is shut down one line to win the game.If Peter and Donn believe they have depth than they are out to lunch.Hellyer is a floater,Erickson is out there for Erickson,nobody else,Elder Doucet and Ottmann will be average when they turn 18 or 19.Scouts haven't done the best job either.I believe Gauthier is overachieving,and is somewhat a bust.Palazzo is not having the best year so far,and could be used in more situations for him to gain experience.

Novak..well Novak is Novak and is soft and is always on and off.The concussion may have hurt any offence spark he did have.Not a whole lot of toughness on the Raiders as far as one induvidual.It usually comes by commitee.They aren't physical at all.They need to play how they did in the playoffs..man did they have intensity.They new additions in Howarth and Dowhay don't address anything..just speed,something P.A already has.I won't knock Thelen,Byers,Deckert,or May.Chipchura,I'am not sure was the best choice for Captain.Not a whole lot of leadership on his behalf.I would have choose Byers.

Depape is cold,and once he bangs a couple goals home,he could be right back in there.Archibald is aweful and when he was given a week off,and he got the nod..he let in a ton.He's let in all soft goals which indicates his anticipation is way off.I don't htink he was ready to take over as #1 anyways.Imports...should I say import cause only one does anything,Peter has done squat,I know he's young but what happened to all the things he did in the preseason?PA never has 2 good euros,only one performs.Like Pohanka,and Polak did nothing,Aki and Ulehla did squat.Now it's Aki and Cmorej doing nothing.

I'am not trashing the team,this is just what I see,no physical play,no leadership,poor aquisitions,sloppy D,not a great deal of depth due to poor scouting,we rush our rookies too quick,and it doesn't help that your goalie lets in soft ones and deflates the team somewhat.The defence has holes.I won't blame the coaching staff cause it is as good as it could be..I mean look,Anholt 400+ wins,and NHL allstar defenceman in Manson.Clark needs to go or either make better deals for some talent.He's tight when it comes to trades,you may actually have to give up something in order to get something Donn.They lost alot to the pro ranks but a poor start is hard to regroup on.Raiders will make the playoffs cause Brandon stinks,so they do have lots of time to get things together and sorted out.

Any other opinions would be awesome.If I missed something or I'am wrong about something just let me know.But these are my personal observations of the club at this point.

Triton
11-14-2005, 06:24 PM
What talent though?Not a whole lot there.If they were stacked with talent then they wouldn't be losing.I don't see a whole lot of talent in Ottmann,Hellyer,Doucet,Gauthier,Schafer,or Elder.I see good things in Depape(although he has been struggling),Byers,Chipper,Aki,May,Thelen and Palazzo(with time).In PA's case it's not the coaching,it Donn Clark,and because of him Peter's got nothing to work with.In Brandon's case it's their coach,cause they should be better than they are.I do see upcoming talent in alot of players,so I wouldn't trade them away oh no.But if I were GM i'd see what I can get for the 6 mentioned above.I would though vote Raiderfan17 in for the new GM position,only if he kept the coaching staff around.How does that sound?

Wildeyes
11-15-2005, 01:01 AM
this is what i see i see a team not playing as a team u got chiper going end to end then shooting a impsoable shot, there is no traffic infront of the net, i see 2 lines that play and that was all last year we rolled all 4 lines, I see the dfence not playing tough like they should they have the size crush them make them think twice b4 touching the puck again. Goaltending is alright deckert will be good archie need one more yr. Chip maybe give the "C" to byers Chip will be a good "A" maybe its to much pressure on him but they will come around this is a new game. i would like to see Hewson Cmoje and Dowhay on the same line u would have size and to speedy guys with him.

but what do we know eh?

Tinner
11-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Here's what I think P.A's problem is:

If Peter and Donn believe they have depth than they are out to lunch. Hellyer is a floater,Erickson is out there for Erickson, nobody else, Elder Doucet and Ottmann will be average when they turn 18 or 19. Scouts haven't done the best job either. Novak..well Novak is Novak and is soft and is always on and off. Not a whole lot of toughness on the Raiders as far as one induvidual. They aren't physical at all. The new additions in Howarth and Dowhay don't address anything..just speed, something P.A already has. I won't knock Thelen, Byers, Deckert, or May. Chipchura, I'am not sure was the best choice for Captain. Not a whole lot of leadership on his behalf. I would have choose Byers. Depape is cold,and once he bangs a couple goals home, he could be right back in there. Archibald is aweful and when he was given a week off and he got the nod..he let in a ton. He's let in all soft goals which indicates his anticipation is way off. I don't htink he was ready to take over as #1 anyways. Imports...should I say import cause only one does anything, Peter has done squat, I know he's young but what happened to all the things he did in the preseason? PA never has 2 good euros, only one performs. Like Pohanka, and Polak did nothing, Aki and Ulehla did squat. Now it's Aki and Cmorej doing nothing.

I'am not trashing the team,this is just what I see,no physical play,no leadership,poor aquisitions,sloppy D,not a great deal of depth due to poor scouting,we rush our rookies too quick,and it doesn't help that your goalie lets in soft ones and deflates the team somewhat.The defence has holes.I won't blame the coaching staff cause it is as good as it could be..I mean look,Anholt 400+ wins,and NHL allstar defenceman in Manson.Clark needs to go or either make better deals for some talent.He's tight when it comes to trades,you may actually have to give up something in order to get something Donn.They lost alot to the pro ranks but a poor start is hard to regroup on.Raiders will make the playoffs cause Brandon stinks,so they do have lots of time to get things together and sorted out.

Kinda sounds like a trashing to me, but here's something to think about. There are too many teams, not enough good players. Now, if the WHL could get the NCAA mess cleaned up, the good players that are playing tier 2 junior would strengthen the dub teams and the bottom 3 from a WHL club would be playing where they should be...tier 2. Top players playing in the top league.

FELIX17
11-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Like I said before, this does not even look like an Anholt team. No body contact, no forechecking, brutal passing, and undisciplined. (The Raiders are second in the league in penalties) This team has absolutely quit on the coaching staff. I don't like drawing comparisons to other teams but in this case, it is all too familiar. A couple of years ago when the Blades had only 7 wins and Dickie was fired, that team quit on the coaching staff also. There was so much promise prior to pre-season and we all know how much of a joke the Blades were that year. As much as I don't think the coaching staff is the problem, you have to wonder what is going on. I think Peter is a first rate, first class coach in this league. He's tried to change things with systems and nothing seems to be working. Once again, this team has quit. Where's the intensity and passion from last year's playoff's? Is there problems in the dressing room? It's very upsetting and frustrating to watch the effort that has been put forth.

I thought after getting rid of the liabilities on this team (Jones and Collins) things would be different. They've gotten worse.
Here's my take on individuals on this team:

Chipchura has put way too much pressure on himself. One game he seems like the Chipchura of old, and next he's out there doing too much and making poor decisions. He needs to relax and things will come.
Seitsonen has been absolutely brutal. He should be lighting it up in this league. With Seitsonen not scoring, Chipchura is trying to pick up some of the slack and we all know Chipper's a playmaker.
Hellyer well where do I start. Here's another guy who's 19 and floats. You think with the new rules, he would be thriving.
Archibald wouldn't even be playing in the SJ with the way he's been playing. He continues to let in soft goals and can not seem to make a crucial save when they need him to.
Erickson has been terrible. For a 20 year old coming in after last year's success, you would have thought he would have been a key component on this team.
May should be one of the top defencemen in this league. Where is he?
Schafer hasn't been the same since Yacboski broke his jaw last year.
Not one of the 17 year olds has stepped up. I thought Doucet was going to have a huge year. Ottman, Elder, and Depape have been only average. Depape was a 4th overall pick. Did the scouting staff make a mistake drafting him so high? I don't think so. He has promise and I'm not ready to give up on him.

Clark wake up! This isn't the Blades.

On a different note, the Art Hauser Centre is brutal to try and watch a game right now. With the poor performance of the team and the terrible shape of the facility, who would want to head out to a game? The guy/company who's been in charge of the renovations should give his head a shake. Does he think it's a 5 year project? The people I've talked to don't even want to head out to the games just for this reason. Brutal planning on their part.

I'm not sure if the players or coaching staff read the posts on this site, but by ranting about the poor, uninspired play of the team will maybe be a wake up call for them. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan, always will be, no matter where I live. There is a lot of people who are very passionate about this team and I'm definitely one of them. If they where in a rebuilding year, I could accept the record, but with the team they have, it is 100% unacceptable. Losing is no longer an option. Come on guys, time to turn this around!

Triton
11-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Kinda sounds like a trashing to me, but here's something to think about. There are too many teams, not enough good players. Now, if the WHL could get the NCAA mess cleaned up, the good players that are playing tier 2 junior would strengthen the dub teams and the bottom 3 from a WHL club would be playing where they should be...tier 2. Top players playing in the top league.

As a fan and a season ticket holder for 18 years I'am intitled to critisize,just like every other fan who is concerned.I support them whether it be fan buses,fundraisers ect.