PDA

View Full Version : Ice name director of Scouting

Chipper
11-16-2005, 11:23 AM
ICE Name Dube Director of Scouting
Created: Nov 16, 2005
Cranbrook, BC -- Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced Ron Dube (pronounced doo-bay) has been named the club's Director of Scouting. Dube replaces Roy Stasiuk who was named General Manager of the Lethbridge Hurricanes last week.

“We are very excited Ron has accepted the Director of Scouting position. He has been with our organization more or less since day one in Edmonton and is familiar with our philosophies when drafting and listing players. Scouting and Coaching are the two most important areas when building a Major Junior hockey team and having continuity in those areas is crucial in determining long term success of the franchise,” added Chynoweth.

"I am extremely honored and excited about my new position with the Hockey Club. Having been with the ICE organization for many years I know what type of players we are looking for not only on the ice, but off the ice as well. Roy Stasiuk left not only our scouting staff, but our player list in very good shape and we will look to build on that depth in the upcoming season," commented Ron Dube.

Ron has worked as a Scout in the Western Hockey League since the 1994-95 season. He started as an Area Scout with the Prince George Cougars before joining the Edmonton ICE from 1995 - 1998. In 1998 Ron was named Head Scout of the Cougars before returning to the ICE organization in 1999 as a Scout Coordinator.

Ron and his wife Angela live in Sundre, Alberta and are the parents of two children - Mitch (16) and Kari (14).

Tinner
11-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Ron Dube will do an excellent job as the head scout, congrats Ron.