PDA

View Full Version : Video Game problem

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-16-2005, 09:42 PM
When I put my EA NHL 06 game into my PS2 and try and load my dynasy career,the game gets as far as load game and the Music stops, or the game will be able to load and when I complete a game in the Dynasty mode and the game goes back to the main Dynasty screen and then the game freezes, the problem could be caused by scratches on the disk or it could have something to do with the game itself,I bought the game when it first came out and this is the first time I have had any problems with the game. This is the only PS2 game that I have had problems like this. Any help or suggestions on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HAF
11-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I had the similiar problem with ESPN NHL2005. What I did was load the game from the memory card and then inserted a new memory card and saved my game progress to the new card. Apperantly even though it didnt say so, I was short on space on the old card. Once I did this I had no more problems.
It might work, it might not but its worth a try.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I will give it a try, once I buy 1 more memory card because I only have 1, and ya the memory card might be short on space,but i wil find out when i try it. thanks for the advice.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-21-2005, 06:06 PM
The music skips for a short time and the game now freezes and it almost seems worse than before. I do not know what else to do about this?? I am thinking that the problem might be caused by the PS2 system itself(because it was not bought new, it is used) or the game disk could be the problem as well??

HAF
11-21-2005, 06:35 PM
I dont have any suggestions for you now, It seems odd that it is freezing up and is worse then before. Other than maybe getting a cleaning disk and cleaning the laser I really dont know what to tell you. I guess you could always start over again and only use the new memory card for that particular game. Once again, it may or may not work but at this point your options are pretty limited.
Hope you get it figured out, HAF

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-24-2005, 11:38 PM
I tried playing the game and it worked and after I played the first game in my dynasty mode and I went into my e-mail,the game froze but within 10 seconds or so it was fine, it freezes every so often and usually becomes unfrozen, So I think i have narrowed the problem down to 2 causes A)The disk or B) the lazer on the PS2, it probably is the disk because as I have said before all of my other games work and and when the game is loading the machine makes a unusual clicking and other noises, the disk does also take a long time to read when I first put it into the machine I think the problem is the disk itself I will check it out and see if I can get another copy or something. :burningma

HAF
11-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Put it back in the case and take to a Wal Mart. Tell them you lost the reciept and the game is corrupt. They will allow you to exchange it for a new one with little question. They will take anything back at wally world. I've done it several times. Its a hell of a lot easier then trying to deal with Sony...

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-25-2005, 08:32 PM
that EB Games(which is where I purchased the game at) will not exchange the game.

WHEATMAN
11-26-2005, 12:08 AM
i would hear a weird clicking noise, and sometimes it would vary in speed clicking slowly, then going really fast, but this was only happening with Madden 2005, no other games, so i would say its probably the disk as i had the same problem

HAF
11-26-2005, 01:24 AM
that EB Games(which is where I purchased the game at) will not exchange the game.

Take it to Wal Mart, it doesnt matter if you bought it there or not. Just tell them you bought it there and lost the reciept and they will exchange it.

LifelongChiefsFan
11-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Take it to Wal Mart, it doesnt matter if you bought it there or not. Just tell them you bought it there and lost the reciept and they will exchange it.

Lol, it's so true. I exchange stuff there all the time whether I bought it there or not!

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I went to EB games and was able to exchange it,but the only problem was that they did not have the game in stock,(they were all sold out) :mad:, I was not very impressed, So she said that I could pick up the game tommorow after they bring a copy over from the other EB games store in the Midtown Plaza. So I made a trip to the mall for nothing, I should have phoned first, Oh well I will just play the game the way it is until tommorow,if the new copy of the game is even at the store. I sure hope so.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-29-2005, 08:19 PM
exchanged the old broken copy for a brand new copy that works, I am satisfied now.