PDA

View Full Version : Giants 3 @ Warriors 4 Nov 16, shoot-out.

Beaner
11-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Intersting game tonight in Moose Jaw. Pretty Tentative first period, with both teams feeling each other out, Giants turned it up in the 2nd, and the Warriors turned it up another level in the third and OT. Personally I think the Giants were lucky to get the 1 point tonight, as MJ had a lot of very good scoring chances. Slade was solid in the Giants net, a few good hits here and there, but the Vancouver D was getting burned by the Warriors speed during the game.

NOTES
Slade and Perricone got the starts tonight.
Mikkleson (Knee), Watt (Ankle), Festerling (Ankle), and Dulle were the Giants scratches.
Scharff was back on D again tonight, Blum payed tonight after getting that big check from behind last night in Regina.
Repik left near the end of the second, but did return to start the third.
Chapman left the game after taking a big hit in the first and did not return.
Shots 34-27 for the Giants
PP Giants 1/6, Warriors 0/4

GOALS
1. M.J Gillen, (8) (Wray, Henry), 17:24 Wray fires a shot from the point, that is tipped by Gillen by the side of the net and in.
2. VAN Kraus, (10) (Bartley, Repik), 9:52 Bartley takes a shot from the point rebound comes out to Kraus who fires it into the net.
2. VAN Kraus, (11) (Bartley, Albers), 11:19 (PP) Bartley takes another big shot, the puck bounces of Periconne, who tries to bat it away, and Kraus taps home the puck.
3. VAN Repik, (11) (Kraus), 6:49 Repik picks up the puck near Center ice, skates down across the line and aroud the circle lets a backhander go that beats Periconne 5-hole. Soft Goal.
3. M.J Brouwer, (20) (Holzapfel), 9:39 Brouwer gets the pass from Holzapfel, in the slot and one times it right past Slade.
3. M.J Boyd, (20) (McArdle, Svensson), 9:55 16 seconds later, the Warriors get the puck in the corner, puck comes to Boyd in the slot, who fires a high shot past Slade.

SHOOT-OUT

1. Kraus - Fires a shot wide.
2. Jones - Shots over the net - Slade may have got a piece
3. Albers - Lost control of the puck - no shot.
4. Gillens - Shot Glove side - Slade caught it.
5. Rutherford - Goes for the deke, toe save Lepp.
6. Boyd - Deke, slides it in 5-hole. GAME WINNER. Nice move.

FISTICUFFS
None

OFFICIATING
Savage was the official tonight - seemed to do a pretty good job, no calls in the third, thought there could have been, but pretty good job overall. GRADE B

INTERNET BROADCAST
Both the commentators from MJ and the feed was pretty good. Camera work was good overall. Worth the money.

OVERALL
Giants worked hard again tonight, but I think MJ had a lot of the better chances, numerous 2 on 1's and 3on 1's. Some timely saves by Dustin, and some good defensive work on those odd man rushes helped a lot. MJ players missed a few wide open chances. I'd say the Giants were lucky to get the point. Warriors forwards are very quick, I can see why they lead the dub in scoring. Shame they don't come to Vancouver this year, but oh well.

Not a lot of the clutching and grabbing in this game compared to previous games, a lot of time went without any whistles. The entire overtime almost went by without a single whistle.

Giants now alone in 4th in the BC Division, with 27 points. and 3 games in hand on Kamloops.

Enjoy the day off boys, have a safe trip to Brandon.

3 Stars
1. M.J - 16 Dustin Boyd
2. VAN - 12 Tim Kraus
3. M.J - 14 Blair Jones

3 Stars seem good to me.

Big Daddy
11-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Well, Slade made some big saves but if my memory is right 2 of the goals were scored with the 4th line out and Fistric and Blum on the ice. Not a good line going against their top scorers. To bad Don couldn't get Albers and Franson with the 4th line when they went out. MJ's top 2 lines are sick and we did well to contain them as long as we did. Nice recap Beaner and I agree that Slade had to be big when we broke down.
All in all though 1 point isn't looking to bad all things considered. Keep going boys and good luck on Friday.