PDA

View Full Version : New List

Tinner
01-30-2005, 11:23 PM
I see Lehtbridge has listed Ryan Bryce (hometown, Red Deer) of the Midget AAA's

Speaking of them.....2 big wins this weekend....moves them into 2nd.

Matt Cline had a big weekend

Rebel66
01-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Matt Cline had a big weekend

I've had high hopes for this kid for a while now. How has he progressed this season would you say?

Tinner
01-31-2005, 07:58 AM
2 things come to mind when you ask about his progression. First off, he had to change his attitude upon his arrival. Because he had the goal of staying with the Rebs and being sent back to midget wasn't what he wanted. Once he became part of the midget team and more importantly, accepted that fact, the second issue was starting to look after itself. He had to learn to play as a team guy vs an individual.

He is part of the top line and they are rounding into form. Matt has size and some strength and great hands and instincts in the offensive zone, but needs a little more work on defensive zone coverage.

Arguably, the top gun on this team, and will impact next year as a "go to" guy with the Rebs.

I wish that all this years 15 year olds and their parents could see what the extra year in midget will and would do for the development to progress. Instead of playing sporactically in the WHL, (aka Frere) they should sharpen the skills and develop maturity at the midget AAA level. No doubt in my mind that it will make Matt a better WHL player. ;)

rdreb
01-31-2005, 11:02 PM
I was at the game on Sunday and he seem to have grown a little from the start of the year.

With all the extra ice time he gets with the aaa rebels his skating has goting better also.

I think he still needs to get a mean streak to his game,and be the power forward he should be.
But he is only 16 so i am hoping that will come next year when he is playing with the Rebels.

He had 3 goals on the weekend so he should be getting close to lead for points on the team.
If hockey Alerta would post stats we would know how he was doing,but Alberta thinks they should sell them so they don't post only the top ten in Alberta :p