PDA

View Full Version : WOW what a game!!!!

Offsider
11-17-2005, 11:02 PM
The Red wings and Oilers was an awesome game thats the new NHL.Really think the NHL has done a good job with the new rules (except hate the shootout). the game is faster more scoring has open ice still with big hits . That is were the WHL has FAILED they have not done a good job on the holding and hooking at least in the Central. The game could be better called like the NHL.anyone out there that makes polls should make one on what the fans of each divison think if it is ok or should be called more .

Fight Guy
11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
I dont think a poll is nesseccary...the refs all over the league have gone back to calling games like last year...except for rules that include lines on the ice.

Homer
11-19-2005, 12:52 AM
I was watching the Canucks/Kings on Sportsnet Pacific and had the same reaction to the new rules. Canucks have a crappy first 45 minutes and trail 5-1, but come storming back to make it 5-4 and nearly score the tying goal. In the "old" NHL anything more than a 2 goal lead and there was no hope of a comeback. At least now you never know what can happen...

I agree the WHL needs to do a better job of opening up the game. My biggest concern with the officiating is the lack of consistency. Calls are made and let go at different times for the same infraction throughout the game. These are kids, how the heck are they supposed to know what they can & can't do. This is confusing and maddening for a fan, I can't imagine playing under these circumstances.

LifelongChiefsFan
11-19-2005, 01:15 AM
I agree, that game was incredible, I was able to catch the 2nd and 3rd period online through comcast, which is pretty cool. It was pretty funny, the announcers were just talking about how good a defensive team that Detroit was when they were up 3-1 in the 3rd and about 6 or 7 mins later they were trailing 5-3. I think the new nhl is great though especially (even though it probably won't happen) with the fact that several players are chasing for 50 goals in 50 games. It's just too bad the reffing in the dub brings this league down a bit.

On a side note, I used to be against the shootout, but now I actually like it. I mean all games that go to a shoot out would have ended in a tie anyway so why not? Plus those extra points from winning a shootout could shake things up when it's time for the playoff races which could possibly make them even more exciting.