Joshua Schappert, SEATTLE THUNDERBIRDS - WHL
JAY FEHR, HAWKS PROV. MIDGET AAA
JASON GREGOIRE, SOUTH WINNIPEG BLUES - MJHL
David Richard, SEATTLE THUNDERBIRDS - WHL
Dustin Cameron, SASK. CONTACTS PROV MIDGET AAA
Dwight King, LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES - WHL
BRETT BREITKREUZ, YORKTON HARVEST PROV. MIDGET AAA
Brett Leffler, REGINA PATS - WHL

3 prospects of the Wheatkings and one current W'King.Well represented.Raider prospect David Aime in goal.

Joe Hallenback
11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I am a little surprised that they went with Plouffe over Colby Robak who in my opinion is having a better year and is a better player.

Good to see Fehr and Greene there probably the 2 top offensive guys in AAA in manitoba right now. I dont know if they will ever develop into WHL players because of there size but they both have great skill.

Tidball
11-22-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure how that works. It looks like the real young guys though. If that is indeed the case. Then where the hell is Gillies!?!? :confused:

Joe Hallenback
11-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Gilles is on Team Pacific

Western is for players born in Sask/Man

WHL Rules
11-22-2005, 06:14 AM
I'm not sure how that works. It looks like the real young guys though. If that is indeed the case. Then where the hell is Gillies!?!? :confused:

From Hockey Canada (http://www.hockeycanada.ca/e/championships/u17/2006/index.html):

The World Under-17 Hockey Challenge is made up of 10 teams. Canada is represented by five regional teams: Team Pacific (BC and AB), Team Western (SK and MB), Team Ontario, Team Quebec and Team Atlantic (NB, NF, NS and PEI). Also invited to participate in the event are five international teams: Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Slovakia and USA.

The World Under-17 Hockey Challenge is the first step in Hockey Canada’s Program of Excellence. The Program of Excellence is a high performance program that is based on a progressive model that begins in the Hockey Canada Branches at the U17 level, and continues at the national level with the Under-18 Team and National Junior Team.

Many of Canada’s brightest young hockey stars made their international debut at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge such as Nathan Horton, Rick Nash, Eric Staal, Marc-André Fleury, Jason Spezza, Jay Bouwmeester and Vincent Lecavalier. The Under-17 challenge has also featured some international rising stars in Alexander Ovechkin, Nikolai Zherdev, Ilya Kovalchuk, Joni Pitkanen and the Sedin twins (Daniel and Henrik).

You can find the roster for Team Pacific here (http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=4220).