PDA

View Full Version : Is there life out there?

scme
11-18-2005, 04:14 PM
So any profound thoughts on the game tonight? The boys need to come out with some energy and everyone both on the bench and behind it needs to have their head in the game for the full 60 minutes. I have confidence in you boys- go get those goals

Oh-Vee
11-18-2005, 10:20 PM
I thought that the effort was much better against the Ice. Keep that up boys and the wins will come.

a fan
11-18-2005, 10:37 PM
I am so frustrated. What goes on during practice. Passing is sloppy or in some cases almost non existent. Please coach, coach these kids, put lines together and keep them the same so the players get used to one another. It is getting very hard to continue to have faith, but I really want to. I am not blaming the kids, I think they need help from those in charge and are not getting it. Just my opinion. :confused:

ointhecreek
11-19-2005, 12:02 AM
They don't seem to look when they pass, just seem to throw it blindly and they're not connecting. They also seem to be racing each other to the puck, no positional play. Played with heart tonight tho and was somewhat entertaining anyway. Didn't leave the game early and P Oed tonight, rather enjoyed it except for the outcome.

Scout
11-19-2005, 09:54 AM
I missed last nights game but am glad the effort was there. This skid has to stop. The boys will start loosing confidance in themselves. Getting frustrating for the fans by what i'm reading. So what do we do to stop the skid? I just hope attendance doesn't start to drop.

Scout

sectionL
11-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Attendance dropping is bound to happen really soon if the broncos dont put an exciting product on the ice, whether that be through goals or fighting. those are the two major drawing points for fans.

Flathead
11-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Attendance dropping is bound to happen really soon if the broncos dont put an exciting product on the ice, whether that be through goals or fighting. those are the two major drawing points for fans.
I would think that wins would be more important than goals or fighting. If your scoring 5 and letting in 7, it's not going to keep people coming. It's all about wins!

sectionL
11-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't say its all about wins, last year the building wasnt packed but we had fairly good attendance and couldn't win. Yet fans were entertained because of the effort put forward, which was something Bronco fans had not seen since Todd Mclellan (sp). The broncos are supported hugely by the area outside of Swift Current. Most of the rural people want to see the rough and grind'em style of hockey if we cant score. Fighting is a huge drawing card.

Broncs in RD
11-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Fighting is a big draw, along with effort.

ointhecreek
11-20-2005, 05:40 PM
I would think that wins would be more important than goals or fighting. If your scoring 5 and letting in 7, it's not going to keep people coming. It's all about wins!
I know for me and I hope alot of fans the wins, although nice, is not as important as being entertained. If they at least keep it close and in the game and play with heart and emotion I will be happy. I would like to see a few more goals and love to watch Benke pound someone down. I have heard so much about Toulmin I would love to see if the stories are true. I'm ashamed to say that I love to watch a good scrap! No, I'm not ashamed! :bounce:

Scout
11-20-2005, 05:54 PM
I would think 90% of fans like a good scrap. They may not say it in public but when the score is 7-1 with two minutes left and the arena is still full, hmmmm do you really think they are waiting for a big come back. Nope and i'm just as bad. I love a good scrap. Heck the fans are the loudest when the gloves are dropped. They may complain it was to rough or to many fights but they cheer the loudest when it does happen. Just my opinion so don't go all ballistic on me ok. :spineyes:

Scout

murdawg
11-20-2005, 07:13 PM
in general...can someone give me an overall feeling on the year.... with the departure of so many of my close buddies, and my own season, i havent had a chance to follow as close as i would have liked.... jsut a quick update and opinion on the broncs from anyone please.....

Flathead
11-21-2005, 09:11 PM
has been up and down. The team has so much talent and their record doesn't show it. Just when you think the're going to get going they fall apart and show zero effort. Then they pick it back up and show that they can play with any team in the league. Inconsistent may be a good word for the season so far.
By the way murdawg, nice avatar, THE SHOCKER! lol!

murdawg
11-21-2005, 10:19 PM
..the shocker is my symbol of power!!! thats tuff ot hear... i thought the guys were gonna do alot better than that...even though it isnt half of the guys i was there with... hahaha :clap: think things will turn around...what will it take?