PDA

View Full Version : Tigers-Prince George

Rebel66
01-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Anyone left standing on the Tigers team after the circus came to town? :eek:

Noticed Medicine Hat had 11 powerplays but couldn't cash in. What happened? Did the Cougars perform with the same level as self control as they did in Red Deer?

Kassian
01-31-2005, 12:39 AM
What was the deal with Trojovsky and Block? :confused:

RunTheGoalie
01-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Looks like the same old same old from the Cirque du Prince George.

Trojovsky beating on an apparently unresisting opponent, checking from behind, high sticks...

I wonder if their coach would have cried about the officiating again if the Cougars had lost again?

grumphy
01-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Anyone left standing on the Tigers team after the circus came to town? :eek:

Noticed Medicine Hat had 11 powerplays but couldn't cash in. What happened? Did the Cougars perform with the same level as self control as they did in Red Deer?

Actually they played fairley disiplined, (for PG), after the first period. The ally way sounded like there was a fairly clear disscusson going on in the dressing room, pretty one sided---coach to players.

I'll say one thing, there is one hell of a pile of beef on that team. The main problem with the Tigers game is that they gave up on average, about 50 to 60 pounds per player. Lots of going into the corners and being physically picked up and thrown out of the corner, makes forechecking pretty hard. We had a lot of good checks but just bounced off.

Ref seemed to get tired of calling penalties and let them get away with quite a bit, I would think there will be a lot of sore bodies @ practice this morning.

Tiger Trauma
01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
I caught the end of the second and beggining of the third.

It looked like a couple players gave up.
Reff was letting a lot of calls go.
PG used their size to their advantage.

I'm glad i went to lethbridge on friday...the only good game this weekend for the tigers

BIG_CLAW
01-31-2005, 04:10 PM
I can't believe Hitman and Rebel fans are still crying becouse cougars didn't just rollover in their barn. They won and are still crying .

grumphy
01-31-2005, 04:42 PM
I can't believe Hitman and Rebel fans are still crying becouse cougars didn't just rollover in their barn. They won and are still crying .You guys have a great team and as fans way more class than those clowns.
What can we say we got totally out mussled for sixty minutes-----they are a lot bigger & we will have to learn to play through that and the frustration that goes with it. Cyr also played great for the full game, good looking kid he is going to be a good one.

Rebel66
01-31-2005, 05:39 PM
I can't believe Hitman and Rebel fans are still crying becouse cougars didn't just rollover in their barn. They won and are still crying .You guys have a great team and as fans way more class than those clowns.

LOL. I'd hardly call it crying whatsoever. I'm glad the Rebels won against that team. It showed determination in not backing down and perserverance in coming from behind again. I was actually trying to be somewhat funny and did notice that the Tigers had 11 powerplays which is fairly high by most standards. Sorry if you missed it. I'll try and be a little classier from now on, in keeping with the manner in which your team performs. ;) (There I go again. You won't like that one either.... but just to clarify it was also a joke.)

I will say that your goalie, Cyr, looks like a really good player to me. If your team makes the playoffs he will have a large say in the reason why. There's the positive I should have stated the other day.

Have a good day, my friend.

RunTheGoalie
01-31-2005, 06:18 PM

Meh, Calgary has a way of making bad teams look good. Even though we played down to your level, I am happy we won.

That said, the Cougars need to realize that this is not that semi-pro joke that is the NAHL out in Quebec. Prince George is a dirty team, and has done nothing to deserve respect on this road trip.