PDA

View Full Version : Giants 7 @ Wheatkings 3 Fri. Nov.18th

Beaner
11-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Well, the Giants won a game they were supposed to win tonight. Started out looking like they might not after a quick goal by Brandon early, but they managed to get it together and after that pretty much dominated the game. A few nice hits, Giants PP dominated, PK was excellent except for the first goal, and all around a nice effort from the Giants on the road. Giants took their foot off the gas in the third, but there was really no doubt which way the game was going to go at that point

NOTES
Slade and Plante got the Starts tonight.
Plante was pulled for Kurt after the score was 6-1 Giants.
Mikkelson (knee), Watt (Ankle), Festerling (Ankle), and Hunt were the Giants scratches tonight.
Scharff was again on Defence tonight and Dulle made it back intot he lineup.
Shots 28-24 Giants
PP, Giants 3/6, WK 1/5 note

GOALS
1. BRN Boyle, (3) (Sandell, Derlago), 1:06 (PP) Sandell takes a shot from the point, Boyle is cutting fromt he corner right in front of Slade and he manages to deflect it past Slade into the net. Boyle got right in front Slade as the puck arrived.
1. VAN Blum, (3) (Lamb, Dulle), 5:18 Blum cheats down from his point position and gets a nice Cross crease slot pass from Lamb and Blum Buries it.
1. VAN Repik, (12) (Kraus, Bartley), 7:58 Kraus goes hard to the net with puck and fires a shot, big rebound to Repik on the other side and he puts it home.
1. VAN Franson, (5) (Repik, Kraus), 18:32 (PP) Repik feeds Franson on another cross slot pass, and Franson wires it home backdoor for another goal.
2. BRN Wikner, (5) (Dittmer, Yeo), 2:02 Yeo intercepts a clearing attempt, gets it to Ditmer who passes cross slot to Wikner who puts it into the open net.
2. VAN Lamb, (10) (Reese, Rutherford), 9:14 Lamb redirects a pass from Reese right in front of the net for another tally.
2. VAN Voytechek, (2) (Machacek, Bliznak), 11:33 Off a face-off int he Giants zone, Machacek gets it up to Voytechek, who gets loose on a partial breakaway, gets away fromt he Dman, goes forehand, backhand, forehand and into the open side as Plante is going the wrong way.
2. VAN Bartley, (10) (Repik, Albers), 13:45 (PP) Yet another cross slot pass on the power play, this time its repik to Bartley who buries it.
2. VAN Kraus, (12) (Bartley, Franson), 19:14 (PP) Franson passes down to Bartley on the Faceoff dot, Bartley fires a hard shot, rebound to Kraus int he slot who puts it home. Kraus got flattened just as he let the shot go.
3. BRN Reaves, (6) (Louis), 7:10 Reaves gets the puck in the zone and fires a wrister from the point that Slade just misses.

FISTICUFFS
Aulie vs. Rutherford
This is not a Typo. Thats right, the 6'6" 210 lbs. Aulie vs. 5'9" 180lbs. Rutherford. Guess you can figure out how this went. Anyway, Rutherford and Aulie are pushing around near the front of the net, and then out of the middle of nowhere, the gloves are off and they are into it. Rutherford managed to get in tight but Aulie, but, like you imagine Aullie managed to just ragdoll him around and pop him a couple times. Rutherford may have got one shot in. Not really much of a fight, and I think Aulie may have let up a bit when he realized who he got a hold of there. Give the win to Aulie in not much of a fight. But Major props to Rutherford for giving it a go with a much bigger opponent. I think Rutherford may have actually dropped the gloves first????

OFFICIATING
Klein was the man tonight and the broadcasters and Hay were not too happy with his judgement. Some of the calls were pretty weak, I wasnt at the game just watching online, but didnt look to good to me. GRADE C-

INTERNET FEED
Feed video wise was good, but no audio tonight. Had to listen to the Giants broadcast, which like all feeds doesnt synch up with the video. Video usually runs a few seconds behind the audio. Bill and Joey from Vancouver were having fun tonight, but it semed like they were having too much fun. Too much Brandon water? :laugh:

OVERALL
Well, like I said before, the Giants were expected to win this game and they did. Pretty much dominated everything tonight. Nice to see it didnt get stupid in the third with cheap shots etc. Time to get on the bus, and drive to Saskatoon, have a nice trip and get some sleep guys.

And with the Cougars losing in OT tonight, that means the Giants are now tied for third in the BC Division, 1 point ahead of Kamloops, 3 points behind Kelowna for second, and 4 behind Kootenay. What a tight division. :)

3 Stars
1. VAN - 5 Mark Fistric
2. VAN - 37 Dustin Slade
3. BRN - 7 Tyler Dittmer

Not to take anything away from these guys, but, I am not going to even bother commenting on these picks. Whoever is picking these should probably actually watch the game as opposed to drawing names out of a hat.

Crosby rules
11-19-2005, 01:56 PM
yeah slade should'nt have been a star, i was at the game and he really did not have any hard stops to make. but the last save with about 2 seconds to go in the game was great! Yeah, put a little mustard on that one. i think i was the only one and a few others from regina who were cheering for the G's.

Big Daddy
11-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the support, I could here some people cheering on our goals while watching on the net. That was an odd 3 stars selection, maybe to much drinky drinky going on.

Crosby rules
11-19-2005, 10:53 PM
I always support my family, dusty is my cousin. and it was good to see him. I was the only family that went to brandon to see him play yesterday. did u like his last second hot dog save?

Big Daddy
11-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Good to go out and support your own Crosby. It's tough being the lone supporter in the other guys rink. How was the crowd? Dustin has been doing well, it is tough to make big saves when you only see +/- 15 shots each game.

Crosby rules
11-20-2005, 02:37 PM
I was saying things against the Wheat Kings and cheering the Giants and i made this guy and his daighter leave after the first period. they must have moved somewhere else. But the Wheaties fans were not very supportive to the Kings, they yelled for McRimmon to get fired and stuff. yeah dusty is a good kid. i don't know if u ever met him at all, but he is very polite, but then again if he was not, i'd tell his dad. HA, HA! Even Don Hay talked to me and said thanks for coming out. Winnipeg is a 2 1/2 hour drive to brandon, and was well worth it.

Beaner
11-20-2005, 03:09 PM
I always support my family, dusty is my cousin. and it was good to see him. I was the only family that went to brandon to see him play yesterday. did u like his last second hot dog save?

I loved it to be honest, a mean nothing shot from beyond the blue line when a team is down 4 with no time left. Just a nice little slap in the face to the King that took that pointless shot.

Crosby rules
11-20-2005, 04:23 PM
yeah, we had a laugh at that 1...do u know if dusty is starting tonight in P.A? where can i listen to it on the net? what site.

Crosby rules
11-20-2005, 04:50 PM
found where to listen to the game , so need not a reply.

Beaner
11-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I would expect Dustin to get the start tonight since Tommy started last night in Saskatoon.

If you want to listen live, go to, www.mojoradio.ca, click the "listen live" link in the upper right hand corner, to hear the Giants feed. Joey Kenward and Bill Wilms do a great job during the broadcast.

Or, if you want to watch it live, go to http://livestream.whl.ca/, and you can watch it live on the internet. Games are 5.95$, and I watched an archive from the Raiders last night, and the feed looks good. You get the Raiders play by play with this feed so your choice. The Giants feed will be about 20-30 sec. ahead of the video, which is disappointing but c'est la vie.

If your listening be sure to pop on by the live chat thru the whlfans site, a bunch of us Giants fans who are watching/listening to the game should be in there tonight during the game. Its link is located in the tool bar on the right near the top of the page.