PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Frustrating

LifelongChiefsFan
11-19-2005, 01:33 AM
What a terrible game tonight. The Chiefs reverted back to their old ways of the past few seasons giving a lackluster performance with no grit or desire, then desperatly trying to get something going with 5 minutes left, but not having enough to get the tying goal. It didn't help that the ref called several phantom penalites on the Chiefs and gave Regina a bs penalty shot (at least he didn't score on it). And of course when the Chiefs get pulled down the refs whistle is in his pocket, not that the PP helped anyway. But is wasn't the refs fault the Chiefs lost. If it wasn't for a super weak goal at the end of the 2nd period, the Chiefs wouldn't even have been in this game. The PP was absolutely pathetic and the PK wasn't all that great either.

But that wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was the entire breakdown with about a minute left of everyone of the Chiefs, the coaches and the players. Tell me who does a line change at the exact moment you pull the goalie leaving the entire surface of the ice wide open especially when a pass 3/4 the length of the ice surface isn't offsides anymore? Regina wasn't even touched on the way to getting an empty net goal. The Chiefs players and coaches blew that one. And, of course, to top it off Ryan ended up scoring what should have been the tying goal just a few seconds later.

I don't know what's going to happen from here but there is no way Peters is going to be happy with the effort Spokane gave tonight and I'm sure he is going to let the team know about it. I hope he is able to get them fired up for tonight's game against Everett. If not, it's going to be a long one for sure...

Jimmypop316
11-19-2005, 02:52 AM
What a terrible game tonight. The Chiefs reverted back to their old ways of the past few seasons giving a lackluster performance with no grit or desire, then desperatly trying to get something going with 5 minutes left, but not having enough to get the tying goal. It didn't help that the ref called several phantom penalites on the Chiefs and gave Regina a bs penalty shot (at least he didn't score on it). And of course when the Chiefs get pulled down the refs whistle is in his pocket, not that the PP helped anyway. But is wasn't the refs fault the Chiefs lost. If it wasn't for a super weak goal at the end of the 2nd period, the Chiefs wouldn't even have been in this game. The PP was absolutely pathetic and the PK wasn't all that great either.

But that wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was the entire breakdown with about a minute left of everyone of the Chiefs, the coaches and the players. Tell me who does a line change at the exact moment you pull the goalie leaving the entire surface of the ice wide open especially when a pass 3/4 the length of the ice surface isn't offsides anymore? Regina wasn't even touched on the way to getting an empty net goal. The Chiefs players and coaches blew that one. And, of course, to top it off Ryan ended up scoring what should have been the tying goal just a few seconds later.

I don't know what's going to happen from here but there is no way Peters is going to be happy with the effort Spokane gave tonight and I'm sure he is going to let the team know about it. I hope he is able to get them fired up for tonight's game against Everett. If not, it's going to be a long one for sure...

Oh yea, I'm in the same boat on this one. Why can't they put the effort out they do on the road, right now I'd rather see them play away because they are amazing when they are away from the arena.

The powerplay right now is absolutely brutal... I don't know what the difference is between the home/away powerplay but my god its frustrating as hell to be watching the streams of them working it amazing, and then to watch it in person flop like a 1 legged dog.

That last minute was awful too.. I didn't even realize the goalie had been pulled the first time because I thought they were just making a line change and BAM.

They should have had this game.. they were skating circles around that Regina defence and failed really to muster something up, it was god awful.

I did like the officiating tonight though, it seems like the refs got their asses chewed for doing a ****ty crackdown on hooking, holding interference, etc because that ref was on his A game for the most part. Except for that just blatant hook when we were making a 2-1 rush up the ice behind the play.

The best part about this is that I know their is one hell of a coach that is going to chew their asses out and do his job because he is amazing at what he does. Its going to be interesting to see who is scratched for tomorrows game against Everett.