PDA

View Full Version : Giants 4 @ Blades 2 - Nov. 19th

Beaner
11-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Another solid effort from the Giants tonight, in yet another game where they out-worked their opponents. Shots after 2 periods, 35-13, with the Blades goalie, Khudobin, keeping the game at least close to give the Blades a chance. Blades got a lucky bounce to get it to 3-2 half way thru the third, but the Giants kept it together and got the nice road win.

NOTES
Tartaglione and Khudobin got the starts tonight.
Mikkelson (Knee), Watt (ankle), Hunt, Rutherford were the Giants Scratches.
Festerling returned tonight from his Ankle injury.
Shots 46-21 for the Giants
PP 2/8 Giants, 1/4 Blades

GOALS
Scoring
1. VAN Czibere, (2) (Blum, Voytechek), 11:34 Shot comes in from the point, and Czibre gets the rebound and puts it in the empty cage.
1. VAN Albers, (4) (Repik, Blum), 15:52 (PP) Albers gets a pass from across the slot, and he one times it off the post and in.
2. VAN Bartley, (11) (Fistric, Repik), 9:38 (PP) Fistric takes a big shot from the faceoff, not sure if Bartley tipped or picked up a rebound and tapped it home, but its in the net.
3. SAS Cloud, (3) (Lineker, Bahensky), 2:10 (PP) Nice wrist shot from the point, Cloud gets the tip right in front of Tartaglione and in the back of the net.
3. SAS MacAulay, (6) (Gillies), 10:43 (SH) On the PK, MacAulay gets out of the zone with the puck, skates down, Blum goes for the Diving block, MaCulay tries to pass it over to the trailer and it deflects off Blum 5-hole on Tommy. Bad break for the Giants on that one.
3. VAN Bartley, (12) (Kraus), 19:22 (EN) Empty net. Scored from just outside the blueline.

FISTICUFFS
Fistric vs Tidball
Fistric hits Setuguchii, Tidball takes exception and they are off. Both drop the gloves, and the lids and then skate around circling each other. Finally come together at the side of the net and both grab on wrestling for position. Fistric manges to get a couple short shots in as does Tidball. Nothing major landed, but in the end Fistric basically tosses Tidball down to the ice. Slight Edge to Fistric, or a draw. Fistric just outmusled him while they were wrestling.

Lucic vs. Crowley
Lucic hits a Blade player, and Crowley this time takes exception, gloves off and they are wrestling near the Blades Bench. Lucic manages to get a bunch of Short shots in, and a few over the top as well, as he manages to basically out power Crowley in this tilt. Crowley gets the Instigator. WIN LUCIC.

OFFICIATING
Herrmann got the call tonight I didnt think he had a very good game. Some weak calls, some missed interference, a strange play in the middle of the second where they rolled the clock back. I'll give him a C+

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT AWARD
Either penalty by Blades where they chipped the puck over the glass. You decide which was worse, I lean to the first one by Cole in the first that led to the Giants second goal, mainly because he was about 3' from the blueline when he did it.

INTERNET FEED
Video was a bit bright in the first but settled down the rest of the game. Couldnt even see the lines in the 1st. Blades commentator guys are GREAT! The best I have heard so far this year. Very fair, knowledgeable about the opposition, a fantastic pair. :thumb:

OVERALL
Giants again outworked, and out hustled their opposition. Nice to see on the 4th game in 5 nights. Blades had no get up and go from the start, the only thing that kept them in the game was their goalie, Khudobin. He is very good. was hoping another Giant would go with Tidball, and he tried to get guys, but with the Giants ahead they werent going to get involved with that.

Excellent job tonight boys, and lets finish off the road trip right tomorrow in PA. A little revenge for that Loss to them at the start of the year.

3 Stars
1. VAN - 3 Paul Albers
2. SAS - 30 Anton Khudobin
3. VAN - 5 Mark Fistric

Good Picks no arguement here.

Big Daddy
11-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Nice recap Beaner, what happened on the shorty? My video feed froze at the start of our pp. Nice effort tonight considering the boys got in at 5:00 am and had to unload the gear. It's great to be young and resilient!! Good luck tomorrow in PA, the town built around a prison. lol

Beaner
11-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Nice recap Beaner, what happened on the shorty? My video feed froze at the start of our pp. Nice effort tonight considering the boys got in at 5:00 am and had to unload the gear. It's great to be young and resilient!! Good luck tomorrow in PA, the town built around a prison. lol

Basically, MacAulay got loose on a partial break-away, Blum dived to block it, MacAulay tried to pass to the Blade trailer and it went off of Blum, 5-hole on Tommy as Tommy was cutting across to cover the shot about to come from the trailer. Bad break.

Big Daddy
11-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Bad break indeed. Well, we were able to shake it off. It was close the last half of the third but I slid back in my seat when the empty netter went in.

Beaner
11-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Bad break indeed. Well, we were able to shake it off. It was close the last half of the third but I slid back in my seat when the empty netter went in.

If you're watching the game again tonight in PA, why dont you join the rest of us in Live chat during the game. Rinkrat, Langdak and I are having a hoot chatting during the games.

Big Daddy
11-20-2005, 04:23 PM
See you there, I might be a little late though. The early games are tough on the w/e schedule sometimes.