PDA

View Full Version : D-Men

Sabes
11-20-2005, 09:25 PM
So will we go out and get another d-man for the team? Is that MacNeill coming to town? With Gauthier and palazzo injured there was only 4 defence playing against Vancouver with Seitsonen taking some shifts on the back end.

Knuckle Chucker
11-20-2005, 09:45 PM
So will we go out and get another d-man for the team? Is that MacNeill coming to town? With Gauthier and palazzo injured there was only 4 defence playing against Vancouver with Seitsonen taking some shifts on the back end.

I am not sure if MacNeill is ready.....I guess he had surgery to fix a heart murmur. If he is not ready, they are going to have to do something. Did any of the young D-men in camp stand out???

Sabes
11-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Cody Vann looked like he could be close to making the team. Or they could call up Tendler for 5 games. He played really well in camp for a 15 yr old.

Knuckle Chucker
11-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Cody Vann looked like he could be close to making the team. Or they could call up Tendler for 5 games. He played really well in camp for a 15 yr old.

Where is Vann playing this year? Do you know how his season is going??

Triton
11-21-2005, 11:04 AM
What wrong with Palazzo and Gauthier?And how long are they out?

Knuckle Chucker
11-21-2005, 03:17 PM

I am not sure about Palazzo but Gauthier took a puck to the ankle. Deep bruse with swelling and a cut. He will be able to play once the swelling goes down.

Sabes
11-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Palazzo is on crutches. I think they said it was his knee.

Knuckle Chucker
11-22-2005, 02:51 PM
It looks like they have added Shane Malone for the 4 game swing. I can't remember how he looked in camp. He played with North Vancouver at the Ice Mania tourny. Did anyone see him play???

Triton
11-22-2005, 03:17 PM
It looks like they have added Shane Malone for the 4 game swing. I can't remember how he looked in camp. He played with North Vancouver at the Ice Mania tourny. Did anyone see him play???

Yes I did take in a game involving the North Vancouver Island Pack.Although the entire team was weak,the defence was aweful.Malone probably would have been better if he had a decent supporting cast.The defence's shotty play maybe took away from Malone's play.

Triton
11-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Here's the press release for that:

Raiders Add Shane Malone for Road Trip

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - With defenceman Justin Palazzo out indefinitely with a leg injury sustained Saturday in Brandon, the Prince Albert Raiders have added 16 year-old defenceman Shane Malone of Nanaimo, BC for their 4 game road trip through the Western Conference.

Malone, 6'3", 195 lbs. was the Raiders 10th round selection in the 2004 WHL Bantam draft and is playing this season with the North Vancouver Island Pack Midget team that recently competed in the Prince Albert Mintos Ice Mania Tournament.

Malone, who will wear #6 will be eligible to be in the lineup tomorrow night when the Raiders take on the Kootenay Ice in Cranbrook. The Raiders continue their trip this weekend with games in Portland Friday, Seattle Saturday and Everett Sunday.

As an affiliate player, Malone is eligible to dress for 5 regular season games with the Raiders.

Sabes
11-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Malone has 8 assists and 18 PIMS in 14 games this season so far.

Dwight Schrute
11-27-2005, 09:59 PM
so gauthier is out again but should be just for the one game
they need another defenseman for sure. maybe a 17 year old dman since they dont have any 88 born dmen.

RaiderFan19
06-22-2006, 11:01 PM

i know this is late but palazzo got checked into the boards and then a player from brandon fell on his ankle. so in other words...an ankle injury