PDA

View Full Version : Rebels at Hitmen

Hitmen1
11-21-2005, 01:05 PM
An ugly game to say the least. The lack of scoring is really starting to concern me. Is it because they don't have enough pure talent, is it a lack of creativity, what is it? Shots can be deceiving because it seems to me that the Hitmen just shoot from anywhere, therefore 30 + shots a night does not indicate how many of the shots were actual good scoring chances. 4 days off before heading down to Lethbridge.

RunTheGoalie
11-21-2005, 02:27 PM
The Hitmen played down to Red Deers level. An ugly, slow game devoid of any emotion and effort by either side. Very surprising given the history between the two teams.

As it is, we still could have won. Sutters goal was a fluke, as Schultz ended up deflecting it into his own net, rather than away from it. Wicks goal p****d me off, as Yeo and his partner tried to get cute on a delayed high stick. All they had to do was touch the puck, and they get a faceoff outside the zone. Instead, they tried to let Red Deer touch it first - on our blue line - then clear it. It blew up in their faces.

This was one of those games where you wish the Hitmen were playing again tonight. Instead they get to dwell for half a week on what may well be their worst performance of the season.

Credit to Reimer though, he played a strong game for Red Deer. Based on what I've seen of Leslie this year, we wouldnt be talking about the Hitmen scoring difficulties had he been in goal for the Rebels.

The_Vulk
11-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Once again, they failed to play a 60 minute hockey game.

Up by just one goal, with two minutes left in the game, and the opposition calls a time out.

That is no time to stop playing.

They let Red Deer stay in the game all night long, and let them dictate the terms of the game, especially in those last two minutes.

You got the feeling that the Hitmen were just as pleased to win the game in OT as in regulation time. That killer instinct to put away an opponent is missing.

As for the shot clock...

For awhile, Kisio had them set on not taking a shot unless in the perfect position, now it is take a shot as soon as you can from anywhere. Set plays are now chaos in motion, create your own chances. From game to game, we don't know which team/strategic is going to show. That might be to confuse the opposition?

And yes, the Hitmen did play down to Red Deer's level. Ugly, slow, keep it close then hope for the best at the end. They are a much better team than there performance Sunday.