PDA

View Full Version : Teams interested in McGillivray...

Fight Guy
11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
My dad told me, so he probably heard on the news, or radio, or whatever, but apperantly Kamloops and Saskatoon are interested. Saskatoon I could imediatly see as Waschuk is gone. But I dont know what Kamploops situation is...and dont see anything happening there. Thats what Ive heard, so we'll have to wait to see what happens.

This forum has been dead the past week...what the hell?

Fight Guy
11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Hmmm...turns out I havent looked at todays paper.

U of R one option McGillivray considering

Ian Hamilton
Leader-Post

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

CREDIT: Don Healy, Leader-Post
Former Regina Pats forward Jordan McGillivray.

Having lost his spot with one of Regina's hockey teams, Jordan McGillivray is thinking about joining another Queen City squad.

University of Regina Cougars head coach Blaine Sautner and assistant coach Drew Callander have contacted McGillivray, who was released by the WHL's Regina Pats on Nov. 12. Callander was a Pats assistant when McGillivray started his Pats career.

"Drew coached him, so that helps," Sautner said Monday, an off-day for his Canada West team. "He has talked to some of our guys, too. We've heard nothing but good things so far.

"It's definitely a possibility, if not this year then next year ... We hope to get him, but nothing's for certain."

McGillivray, a 20-year-old left winger, said the Cougars were "a major option" for him.

"Blaine and Drew have done wonders with the U of R Cougars program, turning it around and making the team competitive," McGillivray said of the Cougars' first-year coaching staff. "It's a great program right now.

"After seeing what they've done in their first year makes you wonder what they can do in the future. Everybody's starting to get excited about that program and it's something I'd like to be a part of."

McGillivray has been inundated with offers from hockey teams across North America since he was released by the Pats.

He's currently contemplating proposals from the WHL's Kamloops Blazers and Saskatoon Blades. The Humboldt Broncos, who hold his SJHL rights, have called. So have junior A teams in the United States Hockey League and the North American Hockey League.

If McGillivray isn't interested in playing junior hockey anymore, senior teams -- including a couple in the Highway Hockey League -- have been in touch with him.

He also could opt to join the Cougars after Christmas, although chances of that happening are slim.

"I really have to sit down and weigh my options," said McGillivray, who hopes to make a decision within the next week. "It's nice that I have options and that so many people are interested.

"I was really deflated last week after the whole Pats thing; it took about a week for me to get over that. But everybody has been really supportive.

"The funny thing is, having a lot of options has been both good and bad (because of the stress he has felt) at the same time."

The Cougars don't see a bad side to having McGillivray on board.

"He'd add a little bit more grit and speed; he's a feisty guy," said Sautner, whose club has lost five starters to injuries of late and two other players to senior teams.

"In Edmonton (this past weekend for a series against the Alberta Golden Bears), we had three lines. We need some bodies and he'd be a good one for us."

WHEATMAN
11-22-2005, 09:18 PM
just the delago incident, there might be some resentment in the room, but other than that he would be a good fit