PDA

View Full Version : Is arena close to Westin Grand

peatfan
11-24-2005, 02:29 AM
I'll be in Vancouver for the Grey Cup and am planning on going to watch the Giants play Regina and the HAt. I'll be staying at the Westin Grand and am wondering is the arena walking distance or best to grab a taxi or a bus. Any info would be appreciated. This time I will be cheering for the Giants especially against Meicine HAt as thats the team my HITMEN must get ahead of. :spineyes:

langdak
11-24-2005, 02:54 AM
your gonna need a cab from there for sure

the walk is........well shall i say...........QUITE a ways, and you would have to walk through the nastiest part of Vancouver

In decent traffic, i would say 10-15 min cab ride, the hotel is right in the downtown core, and the coliseum is on the outskirts, make sure you tell the cabbie to drop you off right at the Pacific Coliseum, not just the PNE

You can walk to BC Place for the Grey Cup though

Where abouts are your seats at the games?

peatfan
11-25-2005, 02:50 AM
Haven't got ther tickets yet. Will get the hockey ones at the gate (probably behind the net as thats where I sit in Calgary) and as far as the Grey Cup is concerned I'm not sure-the organizers have the tickets and will give them to me tomorrow(or I guess today, now).
I guess I'll be taking the taxi. Looking forward to the Saturday game along with the football game. :groovy: