PDA

View Full Version : Rebels/Broncos

Tinner
11-26-2005, 07:29 AM
having had to work, I only listened to parts of the game. Any updates as to the tempo/style of play? What happened with the offense? Can some one post a game report?

frontrow fan
11-26-2005, 10:20 AM
I could comment but I don't think I would say too much that's positive!
They did not play well again! this is getting to be the same old song and dance..."they're young, .... they need to work harder..... " blah blah!!
Most of the team played a slow, listless, boring game, with a couple of exceptions..
Teddy went down with a possible broken jaw, was bleeding all over the ice, and there was "NO" call for a definate "hit to the head".
Sutters post game comments summed it up...he called out Versteeg and Wick ( who I think has played crappy since he came back) and said they were just terrible, especially after Vandy went down, they didn't pick up the pace at all..
Once in the third period, Hansen took a shot on net, and Wick turned to him and said something to the effect "you should have passed it to me!" Yeah... that's "gelling" as a team!!!
I'd give it about a 3...and that's being optimistic!!!

Tinner
11-26-2005, 10:38 AM
thanks for that. it sums it up pretty good. i certainly would hate anyone to think that substituting the word "young" for "bad" makes us more than we are.

frontrow fan
11-26-2005, 04:41 PM
It's not even that I think these guys are bad... its more like there is something missing! I can't put my finger on what "it" is but... just watching the games, it seems like there is something amiss...
Are the guys not responding to Sutter's way of coaching, are they indeed just too young, and need to play to improve. Or is there more too it. The fact that Sutter has on several occasions this season, named players in the media, that he is disappointed in, some are now gone, but are they not responding to this criticism, not working together, not what????What is that "THING" that this team is lacking or missing??
We could all speculate but, unless we're in that dressing room, I'm not sure we'll ever know...
Hope they play well tonite...they seem better on the road!
Any news on Teddy??????????

charlie
11-26-2005, 07:21 PM
i think what is missing is talent. i'm not being negative...i've been watching this league for 35 years and this is not a young team with a great future. when you look at this team you cannot draw ANY comparisons to the young team that featured stepp, gordon, lynch etc that went on to win a memorial cup in their second year.

every time i watch the rebels i see two sutters working their bags off on every shift and they are surrounded by plugs, guys that are playing to get traded and guys that are not likely to amount to much. i hear a lot of wait until next year and we will be a championship team in two years...well i don't see it.

there is still every reason to believe that reimer will be a legitimate number one goalie...something leslie will never be but who is going to play defence in front of him. next year we will have mihalik, lamoreaux, frere, berube, smith and egner...sorry but that is a junior a group not a winning dub defence. several of these guys don't know from one shift to the next whether they are forwards or dmen. then the forwards...after the two sutters there is not much although i think the two american boys will be fine in time. teddy may be everyones favorite but there is a reason a career 10-15 goal man is playing on the first/second line. i don't think another year or even two is going to turn pieper, gillies, knackstadt and others into anything more that what they are today...plugs sorry but that is how i see it. i would be a little more excited if these plugs at least played hard every night but they don't...and i don't accept the excuse they need to learn how to play 60 minutes because that is simply media bull****.

add to all this sutters style of play and we have a pretty dull group going nowhere fast. it's fine to have plugs but they have to play hard and tough all the time and they must be following some talent...if there is no talent who will score. i also hear that we are close, oh so close all the time. well if you lose by one goal it means you have to have a net change of two to turn a loss into a win. it may seem to some that is not so hard to do but when you lose 2-1 and 3-2 on a regular basis i think a net change of two scores in a game is a lot. just my honest opinion.

i am forever thankful for all my friends because you make the games enjoyable.

frontrow fan
11-26-2005, 10:27 PM
of SHINEYSHOES...........""" We didn't lose....we didn't lose"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :groovy: :thumb:

WOO HOO.....
(why can't they win at home??) oh well....it's a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

playa
11-27-2005, 04:14 PM
News on Teddy isn't good. Jaw wired shut for 4 weeks is the word I heard. Poor guy, I can't imagine having to be on a 4 week "fluids only" diet. Best of luck to him in recovery though.
Hopefully the injuries stop here...Teddy 4 weeks, Pieper more than that, hopefully Scott is back soon...Damn injuries...

hockey4
11-27-2005, 09:26 PM
i think what is missing is talent. i'm not being negative...i've been watching this league for 35 years and this is not a young team with a great future. when you look at this team you cannot draw ANY comparisons to the young team that featured stepp, gordon, lynch etc that went on to win a memorial cup in their second year.

every time i watch the rebels i see two sutters working their bags off on every shift and they are surrounded by plugs, guys that are playing to get traded and guys that are not likely to amount to much. i hear a lot of wait until next year and we will be a championship team in two years...well i don't see it.

there is still every reason to believe that reimer will be a legitimate number one goalie...something leslie will never be but who is going to play defence in front of him. next year we will have mihalik, lamoreaux, frere, berube, smith and egner...sorry but that is a junior a group not a winning dub defence. several of these guys don't know from one shift to the next whether they are forwards or dmen. then the forwards...after the two sutters there is not much although i think the two american boys will be fine in time. teddy may be everyones favorite but there is a reason a career 10-15 goal man is playing on the first/second line. i don't think another year or even two is going to turn pieper, gillies, knackstadt and others into anything more that what they are today...plugs sorry but that is how i see it. i would be a little more excited if these plugs at least played hard every night but they don't...and i don't accept the excuse they need to learn how to play 60 minutes because that is simply media bull****.

add to all this sutters style of play and we have a pretty dull group going nowhere fast. it's fine to have plugs but they have to play hard and tough all the time and they must be following some talent...if there is no talent who will score. i also hear that we are close, oh so close all the time. well if you lose by one goal it means you have to have a net change of two to turn a loss into a win. it may seem to some that is not so hard to do but when you lose 2-1 and 3-2 on a regular basis i think a net change of two scores in a game is a lot. just my honest opinion.

i am forever thankful for all my friends because you make the games enjoyable.

Please the Charlie, enlighten me on what makes a good team. And please describe "plug" while you are at it. You can not expect a bunch of 17 year olds to be putting up 30 goals. And back to the plug thing, im not sure i understand what you mean. We play bad against swift current and suddenly we have a bunch of plugs. We lost by 1 goal in three of the four games in bc, and all those teams were edleast 12 points ahead of us. Then we beat calgary. So for a team that was coming around 2 weeks ago, you sure have suddenly changed your outlook after one bad game. Im not sure the rebels need fans like you. We have never had a team this young, so how would you know whata plug is. I cant stand people who can not except the fact that we are not as good this year as we were 3 years ago. Shut your mouth and wait 1 year. We are only going to lose 3 players next year. Sutter, Sutter, Cline, Versteeg,Knackstedt can all put up points and they are back next year, so i would say our future looks quite good.

frontrow fan
11-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so don't tell anyone to shut up... they pay their money to watch the games as well as anyone else..
You can state your opinion, if it differs from somebody elses, so be it, that's why it's called an opinion. It is frustrating as a fan watching a losing team after sooo many years of success. So if people want to come on here and vent alittle....whatever...don't jump down their throat...
As for the news on Vandy...that just sucks....!! poor guy can't buy a healthy season!! What's wrong with Pieper?? (i'm always the last to know) :confused:

Here's to a good month and a successful run!! that would be a nice Christmas present wouldn't it???

GO REBELS GO!!!! :bounce:

Shinyshoes
11-28-2005, 02:02 PM
What's wrong with Pieper?? (i'm always the last to know) :confused: Groin, Out till around Christmas....

playa
11-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Pieper's groin problem has turned out to be his pelvic bone. Word is that it likely means surgery....Christmas time return is hopeful