PDA

View Full Version : Sean Avery

Flathead
11-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Has anyone else had about enough of this guy? He recieves a warning letter for diving, it does nothing, he's still dives. So the league fines him $1000 for diving. He's the first one to get fined for diving this year. The fine obviously means nothing to him, because he spouts off again about how the NHL is just targeting him. So the NHL fines him another $1000 for his comments about his initial fine.
When Roenick got cranked this year, again Avery starts beaking about how it's typical of most french guys wearing visors, running around and playing tough and not backing it up.
Also was accused of making racial comments to Georges Laraque, but nothing could be proved because no one else heard the comments.
Then the other night he hits Kariya from behind, so Darcy Hordichuk hangs a beating to Avery. After the game Avery starts ranting how Kariya is the biggest diver in the league and that Hordichuk is the worst player in the league and that he's an embarrassment to the league, he can't skate, pass or shoot, just look at his stats.
Ok Avery, you call Kariya the biggest diver in the league, yet your the first one to actually get fined for diving???
Most french Canadiens with a visor on run around playing tough and not backing it up. Were you not playing tough hitting Kariya from behind. You didn't look tough or that you could back it up when Hordichuk took after you!
The way he spouts off at the mouth I wouldn't be surprised if he did say something to Laraque. Did he mean anything by it probally not, but why would George lie about something like that.
As for Hordichuk being an embarrassment to the league, frankly right now the only embarrassment is you Mr.Avery.
Sean Avery should learn to quiet his mouth and stick to playing hockey, because he actually is a very good player.

Beaner
11-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Avery is an Idiot. End of discussion.

LifelongChiefsFan
11-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Avery is an Idiot. End of discussion.

LMAO!!

True that!!

Tiger Trauma
11-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Lol....... you summed that up pretty good Beaner!!

Toswammi
12-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I am in the vast minority here but i love the way he plays. He is the ultimate agitator in all hockey. Everybody hates him, and he doesnt seem to care. Sometimes i admit he goes overboard, but the guy can actually play too, people always think of him as a loud mouth, but at least he is a loud mouth that aint rotting on LA (a team with talent) fourth line, getting 2 shifts a game, like some "enforcers" in the league.

Tinner
12-04-2005, 04:33 PM
an enforcer he is not, lets make that clear. he may be a s*#t disturber, but certainly not an enforcer.

Toswammi
12-04-2005, 05:28 PM
He will never be known as an enforcer. Probably the reason why most people hate him is he doesn't fight all that much. At best a middleweight.

Jimmypop316
12-04-2005, 05:38 PM
He will never be known as an enforcer. Probably the reason why most people hate him is he doesn't fight all that much. At best a middleweight.

I wouldn't mind his shaningans if he backed it up. But his turtling has got to go. He does get under players skins pretty damn good though.