PDA

View Full Version : Are we finally gelling?

Scout
11-26-2005, 09:38 PM
The boys are playing awesome hockey since they beat Moose Jaw. 5 points up on Red Deer after defeating the Rebels last night. In Calgary tonight and at the end of two they are tied 0-0. So we seem to be beating the top teams now.The Nelson-Lukacevic-Bortis line is clicking on all cylinders. It would be sweet to beat Calgary tonight. Hear also on the radio last night the Bronco's are planning another fan bus. This one is to Brandon for a Bronco-Wheatking game, then on to Regina as the Bronco's take on the Pat's. I may have to take it on if the price is right.

Scout

CHtoo
11-26-2005, 10:42 PM
I sure would like to be on that one also.

Looks like a heck of a game in Calgary. A 1-0 loss in ot?? :(

Flathead
11-26-2005, 10:48 PM
to bad we couldn't have won the shoot out, but we still get a point and they have to be pretty happy holding Calgary off the score sheet in regulation and OT.

Broncs in RD
11-27-2005, 01:32 AM
If I am right it is 8 out of a possible 10points not to bad. How does Moir not get the first star last night?????? Pogge gets one with only 15 saves I don't get it.

Scout
11-27-2005, 06:46 AM
I think Kyle did get first star. The guy is playing like one of the top goalies in the league and i hope is starting to get the recognition he deserves. Now some are speculating we should trade Moir to Moose Jaw for McArdle. The questions would be, where would we be without Kyle in net. Sure McArdle would add some offence but can Yonkman handle the pressure? He is a rookie and who would be his backup? As much as i would love to have Kenndal on our team i think Kyle is our team right now. Because we have very little offensive power he is keeping us in the games making 30-40 saves a game versus 20-25 shots on net. The kid in playing with grit and is giving the guys the confidence to try some offence. If Kyle wasen't in net i think our guys would be very protective in our zone and would very seldom be in the opposing teams end.

Scout

Broncs in RD
11-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Long night shift last night. I overlooked his name on the three stars. I agree Moir is our team, I don't know If I would make that trade either, but we only got moir for a year after this and Mcardle for 2 after this year. I would maybe make this deal at the deadline, depending where we are in the standings and how we are playing.

Toswammi
11-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Scouts right, having faith or no faith in your goaltending drastically changes how you play. No faith, and you are expecting to get scored on, and instead of attacking the opposition net, you are protecting your own.

Scout
11-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Over the weekend we beat Red Deer and lost to Calgary in an overtime shoot-out. Not bad for a team everyone says is struggling. Now in those two games, Moir had 80 shots sent his way and only allowed one goal in regulation time. We would be lost without Kyle in net. Against these two teams we fired only 39 shots total. We were outshot by over a 2-1 margin. There are very few goalies in the league who would be able to do what Kyle is doing. If we were to trade him, then you are correct, wait till the trade deadline and pick up some younger players for the future. We are carrying 9-19 year-olds this year and 3-20 year-olds. Thats almost half our team. I know there will be teams interested in an awesome goalie and some grinding forwards for the back stretch and if they are in contention to go for the league championship but are missing 2 or 3 players to help them get over the hump, then lets see what they are willing to give up. I dont mean futures either. There are some awesome 16-17 year-olds out there getting very little ice time on these better teams and we may be able to make a deal on some of them.

Scout

Johnsy05
11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Over the weekend we beat Red Deer and lost to Calgary in an overtime shoot-out. Not bad for a team everyone says is struggling. Now in those two games, Moir had 80 shots sent his way and only allowed one goal in regulation time. We would be lost without Kyle in net. Against these two teams we fired only 39 shots total. We were outshot by over a 2-1 margin. There are very few goalies in the league who would be able to do what Kyle is doing. If we were to trade him, then you are correct, wait till the trade deadline and pick up some younger players for the future. We are carrying 9-19 year-olds this year and 3-20 year-olds. Thats almost half our team. I know there will be teams interested in an awesome goalie and some grinding forwards for the back stretch and if they are in contention to go for the league championship but are missing 2 or 3 players to help them get over the hump, then lets see what they are willing to give up. I dont mean futures either. There are some awesome 16-17 year-olds out there getting very little ice time on these better teams and we may be able to make a deal on some of them.

Scout
Great post i agree with all of it... but who out of our 19 years old from this year would u keep for next year if you were dean?

The List Is
Josh Aspenlind
Ned Lukacevik
Andrew Wasmuth
Donny Lloyd
Myles Rumsey
Kyle Moir
Jeremy Schenderling
Thomas Raffl
Brant Hilton

Johnsy05
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Great post i agree with all of it... but who out of our 19 years old from this year would u keep for next year if you were dean?

The List Is
Josh Aspenlind
Ned Lukacevik
Andrew Wasmuth
Donny Lloyd
Myles Rumsey
Kyle Moir
Jeremy Schenderling
Thomas Raffl
Brant Hilton

If it was me i would keep any of these 5 Aspendlind,Lukacevik,Rumsey,Moir and Schenderling but if we are in this same position come playoff time i wouldn't be afraid to deal anyone of these guys come the deadline for some solid youth talent Or maybe even early Round Draft Picks.

bronconeer
11-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Moir - Hilton will be gone as soon as Jonkman is healthy
Rumsey - Lloyd would ge we only need 1 20 yr old dman
Aspenlind and Wasmuth - Not scoring for us
Raffl, Schenderling
Lukacevic will be in the LA system next year

section q
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Rumsey - stays
Moir - stays
Schenderling - stays

The other guys will be traded away at some point. You never really know, it will depend where the broncos are at in the standings come trade deadline. As we have seen in the past no one on the roster is untouchable!

sectionL
11-28-2005, 06:35 PM
I would keep lukacevic as he is one of the only entertaining players we have, although I know he doesnt play a whole bunch of defense he's a great offensive player and that top line is pulling the team along with moir. I would leave lukacevic so bortis and nelson have someone to play with