PDA

View Full Version : Tigers 3 @ Giants 2 - Nov. 26

Tiger Trauma
11-26-2005, 11:58 PM
ANy vancouver vs Medicine Hat games recaps

rinkrat
11-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Ya,Tigers are the dirtiest cheap shot artists that have been through the coliseum this year.

Beaner
11-27-2005, 01:38 AM

Holy smokes - let me get home from the game. LOL :p PS: I changed the title of your post.

Well, I'd have to say that the Giants met a team tonight that was just a bit faster, hungrier, and just a bit more physical. Tigers managed to get to loose pucks quicker, made break out passes better and their forecheck was very good as well. The teams I think are pretty much evenly matched, but the Tigers are just a bit better in every area overall. There was a lot of cheap shots tonight, and the behind the play hooks and trips that weren't called was unbelievable, easily the worst officiated game in the Coliseum that I have seen this year. The neutral zone was a traffic jam tonight, as both teams were trying to gain control of it, I'd give the edge to the Tigers.

NOTES
Slade and Keetley got the starts tonight.
Mikkelson (knee), Reese (hand), Dulle, Czibre and Tartaglione were the Giants scratches.
Sexsmith got into his first game so far this year, but was the back-up tonight.
Rutherford left after the first period and did not return after the big mix up in the first.
Flatters got caught with either a High stick, or a skate in the 2nd, and did not return. Not sure who caught him.
Shots were 28-26 Giants
PP 1/4 Tigers, 1/6 Giants.

GOALS
1. M.H Stevens, (7) , 11:29 Slade from behind his net tries to throw it to a Giant at the half boards, and instead puts it right onto Stevens Stick, and he fires it into the wide open net from the faceoff dot.
3. M.H Isherwood, (1) (Todd, Bendfeld), 1:44 After a shot from Tood, Isherwood gets the loose puck at the side of the net and taps it home.
3. M.H Russell, (6) (Barker, Keetley), 5:29 (PP) Russell down low, throws the puck at the net and it goes off a Giant in front past Slade.
3. VAN Repik, (14) (Kraus, Franson), 13:48 (PP) Franson throws the puck at the net, rebound to Kraus a bit of scramble in front and Repik gets the puck and puts it in.
3. VAN Lamb, (11) (Bliznak, Franson), 19:52 I think this is actually a PP goal, and will be changed. Franson fires again another scramble in front, Bliznak gets it over Lamb who has the entire open side to put the puck home. Vancouver had the Extra attacker out as well.

FISTICUFFS

Rutherford vs. Dorsett
This was a long time building in what should have probably never developed if the Linesman and the Referee had had a better control of the situation. Anyway heres my attempt at the recap. Hunt and Barker are doing some Pushing and shoving against the boards, a couple gloved punches etc. The rest of the players end up pilling in, Lucic and Helm start mixing it up, nothing serious, and Dorsett is trying to get into the Barker Hunt thing. Rutherford meanwhile is exchanging swaps with some Tiger, I think Russell. Finally most of it is broken up, by Dorsett comes in and goes at Rutherford. The gloves come off, and Dorsett gets int here and lays a good beating on Rutherford, Rutherford is down on his hands and knees, and Dorsett keeps punching. The Linesman get in to try and protect Rutherford, But Dorsett keeps firing. Eventually its over, WIN DORSETT. He was really looking to mix it up with anyone all night. Rutherford did not return after this.

1 - VAN Lucic, 15:51 - Roughing , 2 min
1 - VAN Lucic, 15:51 - 10-Minute Misconduct , 10 min
1 - M.H Dorsett, 15:51 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
1 - M.H Dorsett, 15:51 - Instigator , 2 min
1 - M.H Dorsett, 15:51 - Roughing , 2 min
1 - M.H Dorsett, 15:51 - 10-Minute Misconduct , 10 min
1 - M.H Dorsett, 15:51 - 10-Minute Misconduct , 10 min
1 - M.H Barker, 15:51 - Roughing , 2 min
1 - VAN Rutherford, 15:51 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
1 - VAN Rutherford, 15:51 - Roughing , 2 min
1 - VAN Hunt, 15:51 - Roughing , 2 min
1 - M.H Helm, 15:51 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)

I am going to watch the archive when its up so I can get a bit of a better Idea of who did what to who.

OFFICIATING
Rob Matsuoka was the Ref tonight, and he was the worst Ref I have seen all year. Hooking, no call, triping no call, boarding no calls, High sticks, no call. Terrible. The worst job. Giving him a grade is an Insult to the grading system. By the way anything behind the play was fair game tonight. GRADE F.

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT
No point in handing this out, because of all the non-calls, but I will give it to Dorsett, taking the roughing call in the third that led to Vancouvers First goal. Personally in the limited amount of time he played he was the dirtiest player on the ice. I was more than happy to see his Penalty lead to the Giants spoiling Keetley's shut-out bid, couldnt have happened to a person more deserving, and he never saw the ice again after that.

OVERALL
Besides the officiating, which was brutal, both teams play a similar style of game, the Tigers are just that little bit better tonight. Speed for the Tigers is huge, I thought Regina was fast, but MH is definatley faster. Vancouver had a difficult time getting anything going on a consistent basis, the PP was hardly clicking till late in the third, and the Tigers defensive zone coverage was excellent. 3-2 is probably not the right score for this game, 2-1 would have been a more appropriate score. The better team did win tonight, even though they did get 1 goal gift wraped, and 1 lucky bounce.

3 Stars
1. M.H - 10 Kris Russell
2. M.H - 19 Roman Psurny
3. VAN - 27 Milan Lucic

Lucic was definatley the best Giant out there tonight.

Tiger Trauma
11-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Nice recap beaner........thanks

Beaner
11-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Forgot to add.

The Tigers had some bus problems, in the Fraser Valley, delaying the start of the game by Half an hour. They didnt even arrive at the rink till after 6pm.

GF71
11-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Nice re-cap. I have to agree that Medicine Hat were just "that" much better than the Giants. They are however extremely chippy with lots of dirty stuff going one. For example, Buddy gouging Rutherford's eye during the scrap. He has a detached cornea now. A suspension should be forthcoming. Somebody mentioned that they thought the Central Division might be the chippiest division. From what I have seem so far, I have to agree.

One their way into town, the Tigers' bus broke down for a few hours in Chilliwack, and they didn't get to the PC until 6:30pm. The game was pushed back 30min.

Tiger Trauma
11-27-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm sort of suprised to hear about the chippiness....they usually dont play that way ...well maybe barker..and dorsett.....
I looked at the fight replay and it looked like dorsett went after???(cant remember his name) after he started to mix things up with helm.....although...Keiran Block....blocked the view after they went down

Kassian
11-28-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm sort of suprised to hear about the chippiness....they usually dont play that way ...well maybe barker..and dorsett.....
I looked at the fight replay and it looked like dorsett went after???(cant remember his name) after he started to mix things up with helm.....although...Keiran Block....blocked the view after they went down

Where did you find the fight replay?

Helm was the one that went after Rutherford originally. He gave him a nasty slash to the back of the legs for no reason. Rutherford wasn't even involved in the original scrum. After Rutherford tried to defend himself against Helm, Dorsett jumped in and caught Rutherford off guard.

rinkrat
11-28-2005, 04:51 AM

Helm was the one that went after Rutherford originally. He gave him a nasty slash to the back of the legs for no reason. Rutherford wasn't even involved in the original scrum. After Rutherford tried to defend himself against Helm, Dorsett jumped in and caught Rutherford off guard.
Thank you for the recap,it was 10 feet in front of me.Very ugly incident.Central hockey.Dorsett is a chicken.

Tiger Trauma
11-28-2005, 08:32 AM

sportsnet showed some highlights and it just showed rutherford and helm skimishing...then dorsett jumped in

Beaner
11-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I watched the archive today and posted my recap on the scirmish in the Rutherford Injured thread, which is here,

http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=4359&page=2

It's not 100% Clear what happened.

However, I watched again the Block on Flatters incident, where Block caught Flatters with a skate. Now that was brutal and Intentional. Flatters pushed Block down to the ice, Block ends up on his back with Flatters right on top of him, and Block takes on foot and shoves it into Flatters crotch, andas Flatters is stumbling, takes the other and sticks it straight up into the air, right into Flatters face. Block deliberatley moved his skate right into Flatters face on that play.

If you have access to the Livestream broadcast Archives, you can watch both plays again. The Rutherford scirmish starts at the 59 minute mark in your media player, the Flatters/Block at 1:33:55.

rinkrat
11-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks for viewing the archive and reporting to us! :thumb:
I saw the incident right in front of my seats.At the time,I thought it looked intentional,but I didn't want to say until the archive was viewed.Now I am pissed. :burningma
I hope the league looks at that incident.Wish I could be at the game New Years eve in M.H.BTW we need a goon,or teams will continue this cheap crap.

Beaner
11-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for viewing the archive and reporting to us! :thumb:
I saw the incident right in front of my seats.At the time,I thought it looked intentional,but I didn't want to say until the archive was viewed.Now I am pissed. :burningma I hope the league looks at that incident.Wish I could be at the game New Years eve in M.H.BTW we need a goon,or teams will continue this cheap crap.

It sure looked intentional to me. In fact it was worse than the Eye Gouge to Rutherford reviewing the tape. I missed it live, thats why i thought he got clipped with a stick.

The Giants as far as I know have a sent a tape to the league, I presume it's for both incidents.

Yes, that game in MH should be interesting to say the least.

Tiger9
11-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it will be intersting to see the Tigers whoop Giant a$$ at home instead of on the road. Helm is the Tigers leading scorer, you f*ck with him, you'll get the beats from Dorsett, plain and simple. The Giants should have kept Matt, he would have done the same thing to protect his players.

rinkrat
11-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, it will be intersting to see the Tigers whoop Giant a$$ at home instead of on the road. Helm is the Tigers leading scorer, you f*ck with him, you'll get the beats from Dorsett, plain and simple. The Giants should have kept Matt, he would have done the same thing to protect his players.

Takes a real tough guy to jump one of the smallest players.Also the other fighters drop their lids and gloves first.They don't just jump in and start throwing.Unless of course they are afraid of being punched back.

I see you offer no comment on Blocks skate to the face of Flatters.Hmmm,hard to defend that one.

Tiger Trauma
11-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Personally ...If block did intentionally put a skate to the face he shoud be suspended.... mimumum 5 games....thats pretty bad...you could serouisly injure someone....

Dorsett on the other hand...was defending his teamate...and most likely the finger gouge was an accident.....

Beaner
11-29-2005, 01:51 PM

I have no problem with guys defending their top players, however, Helm did start the shoving match with Rutherford then refused to go when David responded. Helm gave Rutherfrod a good slash to the back of the legs, which David ignored, then, Helm gave him a nice shot to the back, and thats what started the pushing match. When he was challenged he wouldn't go. Then Dorsett jumped into it.

Defending your top players from getting gooned, no problem with me. Top players acting like an idiot trying to get something started, and then just backing away, that I have a problem with. Its not as though Rutherford has 40lbs, and 6" on Helm, they are pretty even size wise, and neither is a Fighter. Helm should have accepted the challenge, or kept his stick on the ice where it belonged.

As to Mat helping out - I'm sure he would have, but 2 guys on the ice who would have got at Helm or Dorsett were both being held up by the linesman at the time. If the Linesman would have taken Lucic to the box or bench instead of just taking him to the red line, then this whole Rutherford/Dorsett thing would have never happened, as the linesman would have been able to stay with Helm and Rutherford, instead of leaving when Lucic started to skate in. Why none of the officials were keeping an eye on Dorsett, who was the main agitator in the scirmish, is beyond me.