PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Warriors

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-27-2005, 12:04 AM
The Game started out with both team getting good scoring chances,but Blair Jones of the Warriors got the ball rolling for Moose Jaw and he scored the 1st goal on the Powerplay, after Kevin Armstrong came up big and saved three or four previous shots, you couldn't/shouldn't blame him for all of the goals that were scored on him,ya sure he could have saved at least one of those goals ,but you can't save em all. The Warriors applied more pressure as the game continued,and they did get rewarded for it. The Warriors then scored again Brennen Wray poted the goal. The Blades had chances but could not put the puck past Joey Perricone,until in the 3rd period Zdenek Bahensky scored a goal to break the goose egg(I was hoping that his goal streak that lead to a Blades win would continue),but time was the enemy and it was a longshot for a comeback) That was the only goal for the Blades on this night. Moose Jaw continued to attack the Blades net and Kendal McArdle scored the 2nd Warriors goal on the Powerplay. Riley Hozapfel scored the 4th Warriors goal,they were not done yet,Dustin Boyd scored the Warriors 5th goal and that goal was the last goal that would be scored in the game. To another subject in the game THE REFFERING, The officiating was not very good, in fact it was terrible.The ref might as well have had been wearing a Moose Jaw Warriors jersey,as the ref is probably a newbie, I think. That is only time that I have never heard of his name and this is probably the only time that he has reffed a Blades game this season,I will let this game fly,because hey the Blades lost to the 1st place team and I do not have too much of a problem with that,but if it was a weaker team then I would be a bit worried. Clearly Moose Jaw has the firepower to put the puck in the net no matter what their record was last season. The team is for real this season and is no joke. The Warriors have controlled the season series so far,winning all three matchups between these two teams.

Saskatoon Blades Player Stats
Craig Lineker 2 PIMS
Ryan Funk 2 PIMS
Devin Setoguchi 2 PIMS
Brett Ward 4 PIMS
Zdenek Bahensky 1 Goal
Dustin Cameron (Who was called up for this game because of the injuries(I would think) 2 PIMS
Kevin Armstrong 35 saves

Moose Jaw Warriors Player Stats
Travis Ehrhart 2 PIMS
Kendal McArdle 1 P.P Goal & 1 Assist
Blair Jones 1 P.P Goal
Dustin Boyd 1 Goal & 2 PIMS
Andre Herman 1 Assist
Brenan Wray 1 Goal
Rylie Hozapfel 1 Goal & 1 Assist
Troy Brower(4 PIMS, No points :thumb:
Jesse Zeteriuk 1 Assist & 2 PIMS
Joey Perricone 35 saves

Shots On Goal
Blades-Warriors
1st15-21
2nd9-11
3rd12-9
Total36-41

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Attendance
4,331 (there was a fair amount of Moose Jaw faithfull at the game and is good to see, even a hockey team with coaches and parents made the trip)

3 Stars of the Game
1st Star-Joey Perricone only allowing 1 Goal
2nd Star-Blair Jones 1 P.P Goal
3rd Star-Kevin Armstong Played a good game,despite letting in 5 Goals

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-11-2005, 10:26 PM
The game was a very entertaining one between the two top teams in the East Division. The Blades scored 2 goals to take a lead,but they then scwandered the 2 goal lead,they were somewhat weak goals by Moose Jaw,but a goal is a goal regardess of how it is scored, The Warriors had good contol of the play many times during the game and outshot the Blades by a 12 shot margin. The Blades regained the lead when Joe Barnes scored,that was the winning goal It was partially caused from when Wacey Rabbit's shot(you could say it was a rocket or a bullet) stunned Joey Perricone and it was obvious that he was hurt. There was a fight in the game between Ryan Funk of the Blades and Carter Smith of the Warriors,they both were trying to get their punching hands free but were unable to do so. I do not think any punches were thrown in the fight,Ryan Funk wrestled Carter Smith to the Ice. This fight ended in a draw. Claude Scott has a great sense of humour and it a great guy,he has a great job too. His trumpeting skills get a rise out of the crowd,I am glad that he came back after a 3 year absence and I hope he continues to come back each and every year. The final score was Blades 4 Warriors 2. A huge win for the team tonight,they finally found a way to beat Moose Jaw and the team sits in first place in the East Division for now.

Scratches for Saskatoon
Devin Setoguchi
Brandon Tidball
Adam Geric

Saskatoon Blades Player Stats
Evan Haw 1 Goal & some big hits
Nick Knudsen 1 Assist
Dane Crowley did not get on the scoresheet
Brad Cole 2 PIMS
Ryan Funk 7 PIMS
Joe Barnes 2 Goals (1 S.H)
Walker Wintoneak did not get on the scoresheet
Justin McCrae did not get on the scoresheet
Colton Gillies did not get on the scoresheet
Aaron Bader 2 PIMS
Wacey Rabbit did not get on the scoresheet (but he has a rocket for a shot)
Ryan Menei did not get on the scoresheet
Brett Ward did not get on the scoresheet
Todd Panchyson did not get on the scoresheet
Michael MacAngus 1 Goal
Chris Cloud 2 PIMS
Zdenek Bahensky 1 Assist
Blair MacAulay 1 Assist
Anton Khudobin 24 saves

Scratches for Moose Jaw
Kyle Fecho
Dustin Boyd
Bjorn Svensson

Moose Jaw Player Stats
Jordan Henery did not get on the scoresheet
Cole Simpson did not get on the scoresheet
Travis Erheardt 1 Assist
Martin Grunding did not get on the scoresheet
Dylan Chapman did not get on the scoresheet
Kendal McArdle did not get on the scoresheet
Blair Jones 1 Goal
Garret Robinson did not get on the scoresheet
Andre Herman did not get on the scoresheet
Brennen Wray 2 Assists & 2 PIMS
Jason Bast did not get on the scoresheet
Riley Hozapfel 2 PIMS
Troy Bouwer 1 Goal & 1 Assist
Steven Gillen did not get on the scoresheet
Jesse Zetariuk 2 PIMS
Ian Mckenzie did not get on the scoresheet (but was crunched By Evan Haw)
Carter Smith 7 PIMS
Joey Perricone 24 saves(he was shaken up on a shot by Wacey Rabbit)

Shots On Goal
Blades-Warriors
1st 10-7
2nd 9-19
3rd 8-13
Total 27-39

Attendance

3 Stars of the Game
1st Star-Anton Khudobin
2nd Star-Joe Barnes had 2 goals
3rd Star-Troy Brouwer he had 1 Goal & 1 Assist