PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Stat Tracker

LifelongChiefsFan
11-27-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I was just wondering when it shows scores of the games being played that night how come it doesn't show who wins in the shootout and is there anyway to fix it so it does reflect results if the game goes to a shootout? :confused:

Tinner
11-27-2005, 08:21 AM
no t sure if that has been asked, but it would be nice to know!

HAF
11-27-2005, 08:27 AM
I dont think theres anything Billy Blade can do. I'm pretty sure the error is actually in the WHL Real Time Team Tracker. I'm guessing that when they put together the software for the WHL Real Time Team Tracker they never thought of the possibility of there ever being shootouts. That is definately something they need to correct though.

IceMan
11-27-2005, 02:04 PM
(I wrote the tracker ...)

What happens is that we use the WHL's Online Scorers Sheets to get the game scores. We check those every :45 during game times to get continual updates.

In The Shootouts ... the scorers do not record the goal scorers on the official record, and therefore, we don't see any "change" in the scoring to report on the site.

Our standings pages are correct, and accurate, but you'll not see the final winning score of Shootout games on the schedule/results pages until we can work on another way to get that information from the WHL.

LifelongChiefsFan
11-28-2005, 05:35 PM
(I wrote the tracker ...)

What happens is that we use the WHL's Online Scorers Sheets to get the game scores. We check those every :45 during game times to get continual updates.

In The Shootouts ... the scorers do not record the goal scorers on the official record, and therefore, we don't see any "change" in the scoring to report on the site.

Our standings pages are correct, and accurate, but you'll not see the final winning score of Shootout games on the schedule/results pages until we can work on another way to get that information from the WHL.

Cool, thanks for the update!!