PDA

View Full Version : Slade rumors?

Crosby rules
11-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Does anybody know if there are any rumors about dustin slade after this year is up? (hockey season that is.

Beaner
11-27-2005, 11:59 AM
None that I know of, I think right now the big thing is what is going to happen with the goalies before the trade deadline. See this thread for us all SPECULATING on it. It is just us guessing as to what may happen here short term.

http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=4097&page=1

Crosby rules
11-27-2005, 05:51 PM
heres one, how bout the devils making him an offer at the end of this hockey season?

GF71
11-27-2005, 08:27 PM
NOT going to happen.

Crosby rules
11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Why? what have u heard?

Beaner
11-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I think that if Slade was going to get a contract offer from NJ, he would have got it before he left NJD camp.

NJ is loaded with Goaltenders right now, they have 2 playing for their Farm club the Albany River Rats, plus 3 more listed in their prospects section. I doubt they would sign yet another goaltender, unless Dustin has an absolutely spectactular season.

Dustin is going to have to do a number of things to get to the next level.

1) Squash the conception, that he rightly earned, that he is a loose cannon. So far this year he has done a good job at that, but he is going to have to continue to keep his cool, for the entire season and playoffs, before that will get put to bed.
2) Continue to improve his overall play. He has been, from what I have seen so far, pretty good, but he does seem to give up one "soft" goal per game.
3) His overall numbers for this year are going to have to improve.

I have been fairly happy with his play thus far, my biggest concern so far, is how he handles the puck out/behind the net. That seems to get him into more trouble than it solves.

Personally, I think the person so far who has the best chance at getting a minor league contract at the end of the year is Paul Albers. He has been fantastic this year, and the new rules I think have benifited him more than any other giants player. I can see a lot of teams thinking about picking him up since he is a free agent.

GF71
11-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Dustin went to NJ camp on a free agent try out. He was given his out-right release. Beaner is right...if they wanted to hang on to him, they would have made him an offer before they sent him back to junior. If he can keep his cool and stays consistant, he should get another crack in another organization.