PDA

View Full Version : Arena upgrades

hockey4
11-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Have they installed all the new seats yet. Heard they got a new scoreclock, is this true? what is it like?

Beaner
11-27-2005, 11:02 PM
They havent finished Installing the new seats yet. They have about 90% done, the only ones that are left to be done are the ones the collapse. Those ones should be replaced just before the World Juniors.

The Clock is still the same old clock from the 70's, they did however install new video replay screens under the old scoreclock.

rinkrat
12-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Anyone heard about the new seats between the bluelines? They MUST be going in soon!

GF71
12-05-2005, 10:43 PM
No...they will be a while yet. They started to install them and found that they 8" too narrow. (There was a gap between sets of seats, and the retaining wall), and the banks of seats did not line up. They are hoping to get them fixed in time for the WJC, but they are not optimistic.

Beaner
12-06-2005, 12:14 AM
No...they will be a while yet. They started to install them and found that they 8" too narrow. (There was a gap between sets of seats, and the retaining wall), and the banks of seats did not line up. They are hoping to get them fixed in time for the WJC, but they are not optimistic.

Thats what happens when you wait till the last minute to do the most difficult part of the Seat upgrades. Way to go PNE.

C.F
12-06-2005, 12:41 AM
What a mess. Wasn't this supposed to be done for the beggining of regular season?

I FINALLY got my new seat, but the guys in the next row had to sit in another seat because the backs were flat. There's also been a few stories with the seats being too big, having one less seat per row. Someone needs to step up and fix this disastar.

N.W. Bruin
12-06-2005, 02:17 AM
What a mess. Wasn't this supposed to be done for the beggining of regular season?

I FINALLY got my new seat, but the guys in the next row had to sit in another seat because the backs were flat. There's also been a few stories with the seats being too big, having one less seat per row. Someone needs to step up and fix this disastar.

Actually there is one extra seat per row in the upper part of the lower bowl. Use to be 15 seats compared to 16 in the lower part of the bowl but now there are 16 seats.

GF71
12-06-2005, 09:16 AM

That sounds like me. I had to move seats, because my new seats were installed wrong. They were 6" too far forward, and the seat backs were straight up and down. Being 6'2", this was NOT comfortable to say the least. The Giants were good about giving me replacement seats...but there were problems with those as well. Some rows have the seat numbers mis labeled, others have an extra seat in the row which is not accounted for, etc. Good news for me though, the Giants got the PNE foreman on the case and my seats are/were set and adjusted to they way I wanted them.

What a mess.

Beaner
12-06-2005, 01:07 PM
The PNE is run by a bunch of morons, it's no reason why the Canucks felt it would be better to build their own rink, and move.

Big Daddy
12-06-2005, 07:00 PM
I sat in some new seats where I had to do the splits so my knees could fit. I sat in other new seats where they fit fine. I wonder if the braintrust at the PNE will seat people according to height and weight next season? Anyone over at the PNE heard of a tape measure and some mock ups before re-seating the entire arena.