PDA

View Full Version : Multiplex a go..

Triton
11-29-2005, 01:08 PM
CHAB

With cheers of celebration, Moose Jaw City Council has approved, in principal, a new 4000-4200 seat multi purpose facility for our community.

Members of Council met following their regular meeting Monday night at City Hall to discuss the future of the project and to the joy and maybe even surprise of some of the citizens who turned out, approved initial funding for the nearly 40 million dollar project.

Moose Jaw Mayor Al Schwinghamer.

"I was very elated with the decision made by the Committee of Council. I do want to make a point that it still needs to be ratified and it'll be moving forward on December 12th... the decision made was tremendous and it was done unanimously with every member of council there voting in favour of the motion."

Mayor Al Schwinghamer says it still needs to be finalized at an actual council meeting.

"People should get out and start thinking about it. I do think the vote on the 12th will be more or less a formality because of the support that it had from council. I would say the race is on, lets get the money put together, and then lets go ahead and build it!"

While every member of council at the actual meeting voting in favor of the motion, one member didn't get the chance to vote. Councilor Brian Swanson was absent from the meetings, but will get his chance to speak at the December 12th meeting when the final vote is expected.

Beaner
11-29-2005, 01:54 PM
What great news for Moose Jaw.

Congrats.

WHEATMAN
11-29-2005, 04:21 PM
yeah, awesome!, looks like the warriors are there to stay, that will banish the edmonton rumors

Flathead
11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Way to go Moose Jaw! But I will still miss the games in the Crushed Can! :( Mabye the new multi purpose facility can be a larger better crushed can? Like a Crushed Keg!

saskdevil
11-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Keg=beer....mmmmmm beer !!! :groovy: :clap:

Tinner
11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
a new rink always brings in new events and promotes people activities, and losing your identity may be one of them. But it will be better in the long run. Great news for your city, provided its approved by your council.