PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's New Arena

Scout
11-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Ok it looks like there is a good chance Moose Jaw is getting a new 40 million dollar arena. Will seat between 4000 and 4200. So whats up with ours? If Moose Jaw goes ahead then we will have the ugliest arena in the W.H.L. and the league will come after us next for upgrades. Is our expansion ever going to happen? Here is the clip on the new rink:

CHAB

With cheers of celebration, Moose Jaw City Council has approved, in principal, a new 4000-4200 seat multi purpose facility for our community.

Members of Council met following their regular meeting Monday night at City Hall to discuss the future of the project and to the joy and maybe even surprise of some of the citizens who turned out, approved initial funding for the nearly 40 million dollar project.

Moose Jaw Mayor Al Schwinghamer.

"I was very elated with the decision made by the Committee of Council. I do want to make a point that it still needs to be ratified and it'll be moving forward on December 12th... the decision made was tremendous and it was done unanimously with every member of council there voting in favour of the motion."

Mayor Al Schwinghamer says it still needs to be finalized at an actual council meeting.

"People should get out and start thinking about it. I do think the vote on the 12th will be more or less a formality because of the support that it had from council. I would say the race is on, lets get the money put together, and then lets go ahead and build it!"

While every member of council at the actual meeting voting in favor of the motion, one member didn't get the chance to vote. Councilor Brian Swanson was absent from the meetings, but will get his chance to speak at the December 12th meeting when the final vote is expected.

HouseLeague
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
MooseJaw vs SwiftCurrent Attendence

Lets show some support at the old CC. Sure more seats are being added but there seems to be some trouble filling whats already available. So many posts early in the season on filling the rink and showing support which looks like it may have increased attendence but in 2004-2005 attendence dropped -6% so it looks like attendence has only increased by ~3%. (assuming these numbers are correct) Not dragging anyone down and don't have any answers but who is going to fill these seats year over year with winning teams and losing teams.

2005-06 WHL Attendance

Team Total Gm Avg PvsT Pvs Diff Pct

Moose Jaw 35,452 14 2,532.3 27,923 1,994.5 +537.8 +26.96%

Swift Current 23,864 12 1,988.7 21,883 1,823.6 +165.1 9.05%

WHL League 1,183,841 270 4,384.6 1,200,097 4,444.8 -60.2 -1.35%