PDA

View Full Version : Vandermeer and injuries

Nature Boy
11-30-2005, 09:15 AM
According to the WHL site he is out four to six weeks with a broken jaw. I heard that he has it wired shut for the next four weeks. I think that it is crazy that he got it injured by that hit in the game against Swift Current. It was a blatent check to the head. That is why they brought that rule in, to prevent those kinds of injuries from happening. The guy who hit him should have got five and a game. Scoot could be back before Christmas but Pieper is out indefinately.

Tinner
11-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Vandy has to change his style of play. He nature says "play big and tough" but his body says it can't take it. He'll be gone awhile. As for Scott, he's done nothing, imo, and should be packaged in a trade with Wick. I know brent likes him, but how many grinders do we need.

tiny
11-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Vandy has to change his style of play. He nature says "play big and tough" but his body says it can't take it. He'll be gone awhile. As for Scott, he's done nothing, imo, and should be packaged in a trade with Wick. I know brent likes him, but how many grinders do we need.

The only way I can see Wick being traded is in a multi-player deal like this. THEN it would have to include a 20Y AND A EURO. unlikely.

Rebels30
11-30-2005, 05:09 PM
The only way I can see Wick being traded is in a multi-player deal like this. THEN it would have to include a 20Y AND A EURO. unlikely.

i hope so lol....does anyone know if the league did anything about the guy that hit teddy??? :confused:

SectionNDeserter
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM

I agree, he has a legacy that he is trying to live up to, but he has neither the size, physical strength, or the tempermant to do so. I have seen players from the opposing teams take liberties with him, that would have caused the previous Vandermeer boys to feed them some of their own teeth. Scott is a pretty good penalty killer, but I also agree with the fact that he hasn't done much else since he got here. They are in kind of a tight spot with Wick however. I don't know if there is a huge demand out there for overage imports that are -7 and have 5 goals. This pretty much rules out dealing him for anything, and on top of that, WHL teams receive money from drafted players NHL teams for developing their prospects, so as I understand it, they are sort of obligated to 'develop' him as well... somehow... If they can do without the money they get for developing him, I would say the best thing they could do right now is to release him, so that at least some of the players that are willing to be 'developed' get some ice time.