PDA

View Full Version : Derlago player of the month

Triton
11-30-2005, 10:09 AM
For the second consecutive month, the Brandon Wheat Kings’ Tip Top Tailors Player of the Month is a local product.

19-year old left-winger Mark Derlago has been chosen November’s winner, joining another ex-AAA midget Wheat King Cole Hunter as this year’s recipients.

Undrafted, this former Manitoba AAA Midget League scoring champion finished among the club scoring leaders last month, scoring four goals and six points in nine games as the Wheat Kings collected seven of a possible 18 points to climb to within three points of the Prince Albert Raiders and the fourth and final playoff spot in the Western Hockey League’s Eastern Division. As well, he was a respectable –1 during the month.

Entering this weekend’s critical home and home series with the Raiders, Derlago has eight goals, 14 points and fifteen minutes in penalties in 27 games. Among his eight goals, which equals a career high, one was a game winner, which came during the third period of last Friday night’s game against the first place Moose Jaw Warriors.

After capturing the CKX Trophy for being named Brandon’s Top Rookie during the 2003-04 campaign, the 6’ 197 lb. local product missed the entire 2004-05 campaign after sustaining a season ending neck injury during the club’s final pre-season game in September.

One of nine local products on this year’s club, Mark is the nephew of former Wheat Kings’ scoring sensation Bill Derlago. In 92 career WHL games, he has sixteen goals and 42 points.

In recognition of the honour, Mark will receive a shirt, tie and suit from Tip Top Tailors in the Shoppers Mall, the official menswear clothier of the Wheat Kings during Friday night’s game against Prince Albert.

WHEATMAN
11-30-2005, 01:45 PM
good for him, I think hes just starting to return to form, keep it up!

MJCO5
11-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Word has it there is a big trade coming down in Brandon tomorrow mouring i was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me

WHEATMAN
11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
ive been hearing rumors on other boards about that too, dont know who will be dealt or if anything will even happen

Triton
12-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Who did you hear was being dealt and to where?

WHEATMAN
12-01-2005, 02:24 PM
was "2 stud dman for plante" seems highly unkikely, but i am sure a trade is in the works, maybe not of that magnitude though. I just want to get rid of strautman, kauk and dittmer

Triton
12-01-2005, 02:28 PM
was "2 stud dman for plante" seems highly unkikely, but i am sure a trade is in the works, maybe not of that magnitude though. I just want to get rid of strautman, kauk and dittmer

Trade the entire defence core but Aulie,Yeo,Boyle and Cann.Trade Nichol for a pick,trade Plante,trade Courchene,Dittmer,Kauk,Hunter,Strautman and anyone else for players that will play every given night.Trade all but 3 86's,and for pete's sake pick up a 20 yr old.There are ton's in the Junior A ranks suck as Hajner,Fennell,Van den Beld..anyone.

WHEATMAN
12-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Trade the entire defence core but Aulie,Yeo,Boyle and Cann.Trade Nichol for a pick,trade Plante,trade Courchene,Dittmer,Kauk,Hunter,Strautman and anyone else for players that will play every given night.Trade all but 3 86's,and for pete's sake pick up a 20 yr old.There are ton's in the Junior A ranks suck as Hajner,Fennell,Van den Beld..anyone.

what we need to do is get rid of some 86's before they lose value and they are playing junior A next year, does mccrimmon think Hunter, topilko, wikner and courchene could play in the dub as a 20? i dont think so, those guys need to step it up, all they are worth right now is a draft pick, but next year they will be worth a 8th round pick at best and thats probably just because they are experienced, get rid of those three and have moore, leblanc and Derlago as our OA's for next season. Also we need to get rid of strautman, dittmer and kauk because they arnt producing at all, ship them out get some picks and hope so pluck some diamonds in the rough