PDA

View Full Version : Press release: Scout snubs Willis (Non Hockey related)

Willis on the Welfare
11-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Swift Current (cp): "Heartbreak, rejection and a feeling alone in the world."

Those are emotions felt by whlfans.ca poster Willis on the Welfare after being snubbed by fellow poster Scout as the two met on Chaplin Street yesterday afternoon.

"I was walking home from work and saw Scout in his car driving towards me" recalled Willis, a 28 year old Swift Current father of two. "It was cold and windy and I really could have used a ride home" he said, his fingers still numb from yesterdays 15 minute walk.

Scout was westbound on Chaplin street in his car at a red light when his eyes met Willis'. "I thought he'd offer me a ride, but the light turned green and he just sped off" said Willis, his voice shaking and ears enlarged with frostbite. "I could even hear him laughing as he drove away" stated Willis from his Swift Current hospital room were he is being treated for frostbite.

The man on Welfare was also quick to point out what he would have done had the tables been turned; "When you see a fellow poster walking home in the cold, you give him lift. ointhecreek, Flathead, CHtoo, Quarter Pound with Cheese, Horseman, even Smitty, it don't matter, us whlfans.ca posters are brothers and have to look out for each other. Those guys can ride in my durango any day." Stated a visibly angry Willis. "Scout could ride with me anytime, but I'd make Smackitsakic walk" conceded Willis.

Willis on the Welfare is expected to make a full recovery and keep all 21 fingers, toes and other appendages. When asked about his future on whlfans.ca he was quick to put the past behind him; "We're all Bronco fans, and I can put this behind me and continue to post on whlfans.ca alongside Scout. He's a good fan of the Broncos, but 'Super Mod' my *****"

Willis on the Welfare
11-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Swift Current (cp): Less than 24 hours after Willis on the Welfare was not even offered a ride by Scout on a cold winters day, whlfans.ca poster Oh-Vee has given the embattled Welfare bum reason to love again.

"He was like an angel" commented Willis. "An angel in an SUV".

Willis was again forced to walk home on a cold winter's day. Feeling numbness in his legs and fingers and becoming short of breath after traversing downtown Swift Current, Willis was ready to give up; "I had become short of breath, and was starting to halluncinate" commented Willis, wrapped in a blanket from his Swift Current home, his feet in a pail of warm water. "When Oh-Vee stopped and asked me for a ride, just about a hundred yards away from where Scout betrayed me, I was wondering if he maybe was the light at the end of the tunnel? Was I on my way to heaven?"

As it turns out, Oh-Vee was just a good citizen doing what any other whlfans.ca poster would do for a fellow member and Bronco fan.

"Oh-Vee may not be from Swift originally, but he has inter-woven himself into the fabric of the blanket that makes our sense making city the warmest in the world. Oh-Vee gets it." Remarked Willis.

Chipper
11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Do you think that Scout needs a visit from Christmas past?

Swift Current (cp): "Heartbreak, rejection and a feeling alone in the world."

Those are emotions felt by whlfans.ca poster Willis on the Welfare after being snubbed by fellow poster Scout as the two met on Chaplin Street yesterday afternoon.

"I was walking home from work and saw Scout in his car driving towards me" recalled Willis, a 28 year old Swift Current father of two. "It was cold and windy and I really could have used a ride home" he said, his fingers still numb from yesterdays 15 minute walk.

Scout was westbound on Chaplin street in his car at a red light when his eyes met Willis'. "I thought he'd offer me a ride, but the light turned green and he just sped off" said Willis, his voice shaking and ears enlarged with frostbite. "I could even hear him laughing as he drove away" stated Willis from his Swift Current hospital room were he is being treated for frostbite.

The man on Welfare was also quick to point out what he would have done had the tables been turned; "When you see a fellow poster walking home in the cold, you give him lift. ointhecreek, Flathead, CHtoo, Quarter Pound with Cheese, Horseman, even Smitty, it don't matter, us whlfans.ca posters are brothers and have to look out for each other. Those guys can ride in my durango any day." Stated a visibly angry Willis. "Scout could ride with me anytime, but I'd make Smackitsakic walk" conceded Willis.

Willis on the Welfare is expected to make a full recovery and keep all 21 fingers, toes and other appendages. When asked about his future on whlfans.ca he was quick to put the past behind him; "We're all Bronco fans, and I can put this behind me and continue to post on whlfans.ca alongside Scout. He's a good fan of the Broncos, but 'Super Mod' my *****"

ointhecreek
11-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Too funny. You have outdone yourself!! :laugh: I'd give you a ride but I dont know what you look like. Hopefully not like your avatar cause I had a bad experience with a monkey once. :D

Tinner
11-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Not to pick sides, but maybe Scout figured 1 of 2 things would happen. One, you were less than a block from home or Two, exercise is always needed. On the other hand, if neither of those 2 things hold true, how long would it take to walk across the city. From your perspective, a ride is a ride, but then again you'd have to listen to him. I say its a saw-off. LOL

Scout
11-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Embattled and dejected whlfans.ca leader Scout has called CNN,CBC and CTV along with FM94.1, Majic 97.1 and CKSW to hold a press conference on hardcore posters from whlfans.ca. Although the rioting has spilled over to france with cars set on fire, Scout will take a stand and give his side in the very near future.

Scout
12-01-2005, 07:05 AM
As a reporter i sat with ants in my pants awaiting the arrival of this so called Scout who i thought was respected. I awaited a man who i had never seen, but had a vision of a man who was well respected in the community. As i eagerly awaited i saw a man who looked dejected step up to the mic. He looked unshaven and hadn't slept for a few days. His hair was out of place and he held his head in shame.

The first question was thrown by another reporter:
Scout, posters on whlfans.ca are saying you need a visit from Christmas past.

I believe after what i did i need some kind of visit.

Tell us your side of the story as to why you never picked up Willis that cold day.

As i was driving in my new car with the heat blasting and the stereo pounding, i came up to a red light and stopped. I looked over and saw a guy walking with the cold wind blowing in his face. He gave a quick nod as if to say hi. I nodded back. He looked frail and cold. Touque over his head and mittens on. I thought, i wonder if this poor guy needs a ride. It never crossed my mind he had a long way to walk. I thought maybe a block or two. If i had of known he had a long walk that cold day i would have picked him up.

What do you think of the other posters verbal attacks?

I deserve it. What i did was wrong and if i was any kind of guy i would have done as fellow poster Oh-Vee and picked him up and taken him home.

Scout, Is there a way you can make this up to Willis?

Yes. Willis, if you ever need a ride from work give me a call. I appologize for what i did. If it is cold out, stay in the warmth and dial me at work. I will leave and pick you up in my toasty car and take you to your door step. At the next Bronco game, come to me and i will bye you a cheeseburger as a peace offering.

Scout,any other words you have for fellow posters?

To all whlfans.ca posters. I am not a grinch. I made a mistake to a contributer on our forum and i ask for another chance. I made a mistake and it will not happen again. To Wiilis on Welfare, i am truly sorry.

Scout