PDA

View Full Version : Ringrose

Nature Boy
11-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Who is this Ringrose that I hear that is coming to play for the Rebels. Is he the Ringrose that plays for Sherwood Park in the AJHL. If it is he is having a preety good season for them. He has 24 point in 29 games played. This is for a pretty lackluster team in Sherwood Park. What do you think of Lameroux and Frere playing forward. I think they look good up there especially Frere. He is trying to hit and be aggressive out there.

Go Rebels Go :thumb:

frontrow fan
11-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I was thinking the same about Frere...he likes to bump and grind, but does a better job up front... :thumb:

Nature Boy
12-01-2005, 09:54 AM
From RedDeerAdvocate.com

Ringrose ready

Nov 30 2005

It was with eyes wide open that Sean Ringrose decided to bid adieu to the Sherwood Park Crusaders and bring his act to the Red Deer Rebels.
The 17-year-old Edmonton native knew what he was getting himself into when he left his Alberta Junior Hockey League club to test the often tumultuous Western Hockey League waters.
"I'm going to have to adjust to the quicker tempo of the game and the superior execution. It's a higher level, the players are more skilled and they're bigger, stronger and faster," Ringrose said Tuesday at the Centrium, following his second practice session with his new club.
"But I'm feeling good. I got the jitters out over the last two days. The guys have welcomed me and I'm feeling comfortable."
If all goes to plan, the talented centre will make his WHL debut Friday when the Rebels host the Moose Jaw Warriors.
"Moving up to another level is always an experience in itself. I just hope I can play to the best of my abilities," he said.
Ringrose attended the Rebels training camp two years ago, then headed back to Edmonton and played one season of midget AAA hockey before joining the Crusaders.
"I really enjoyed being at the Rebels camp, and any time I've come here to watch a game it's been a great experience. The whole organization is first class," he said.
His brother, Mike, played most of his junior hockey in Sherwood Park - splitting last season between the Crusaders and the Drayton Valley Thunder - and is now skating with Grant MacEwan of the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference. "When he was about the age I am now, he decided he'd rather play at the junior A level," said the younger Ringrose.
"I've always wondered if I could make the step up to play at this level. I'm trying to satisfy my curiosity."
While Ringrose is slight by WHL standards at five-foot-nine and 165 pounds, Rebels GM/coach Brent Sutter isn't one to turn up his nose at an offensively-gifted player.
As a 16-year-old rookie, Ringrose racked up 10 goals and 21 points in 56 games with the Crusaders during the 2004-05 AJHL campaign, and was second in team scoring this season with 14 goals and 24 points in 29 contests.
"I talked to Brent about coming here and he thought it was a good idea. He invited me to come down and we went from there," said Ringrose.
"He's a skilled kid. He can shoot the puck and he looks like a very smart player," said Sutter. "He's not overly big, but I'm not too concerned about that. The size of his heart is more important."
Whereas bulk and strength were critical components in past WHL seasons, the new rule changes that have opened up the game could be beneficial to Ringrose.
"As a smaller player, I like to think that will be the case," he said.
"I think more smaller guys will get opportunities to play in this league and I consider myself to be more of a skilled player. But I also like to be conscious in the defensive zone. That's an important aspect of the game for me and I've always known that (Sutter) is a stickler for hard work and demands the best from every player.
"Certainly, the changes should help my game, but that wasn't a real big factor in my decision to come here."
â With Ted Vandermeer out indefinitely after undergoing surgery for a broken jaw he suffered in last Friday's loss to Swift Current, Brett Sutter has take over as the Rebels interim captain.
Brandon Sutter has replaced his cousin Brett as an assistant captain, joining overage defencemen Matthew Hansen and Brennan Chapman.

Red celtic
12-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Its my understanding that Mr. Ringrose has decided to back to Sherwood Park and not lose his NCAA eligibility.

WHL Rules
12-02-2005, 05:27 AM
Its my understanding that Mr. Ringrose has decided to back to Sherwood Park and not lose his NCAA eligibility.

Obviously Sean Ringrose has been traded to Drayton Valley Thunder.
I might be wrong, but I've a feeling that Mr. Ringrose used the Rebels to get what he wanted. He wanted out of Sherwood Park and demanded a trade before quitting the team and joining the Rebels. And now after the Crusaders traded his rights to DV he decides that he doesn't want to loose his NCAA eligibility? :skeptical

Tinner
12-02-2005, 07:32 AM
that or the Rebels felt he wouldn't or couldn't take a job away from an incumbant, which is likely imo.

Nature Boy
12-02-2005, 09:23 AM
According to the Drayton Valley Website it said that Ringrose was at their practice last night. Why would he leave the Rebels. I thought that he was committed to playing for the Rebels and not playing in the AJHL. That is what his brother did and now he is playing in Edmonton for Grant MacEwan even though he played Junior A. SO why would he leave. Acoording to the article he was looking forward to playing for the Rebels.