PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Ryan Russell and Cory Clouston!!

fightstrap50
11-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Congrats on both making the team Canada all star team to face team Russia in the Canada-Russia challenge. Good to see Cory getting the recognition he deserves as a great coach. Even after Ryan McGill left, he has put a great product on the ice every year! That say's alot for him and the entire organization.

Tonight is the first of two games they will both be a part of and good luck to your team in completing the sweep of the Russian selects in 6 games though the QMJHL, OHL, and WHL. :groovy:

Ryan also gets to welcome his twin brother Kris Russell to the team for one game in a long awaited reunion for both I'm sure. I hope they tear it up as a D and forward line combo if they can accomidate them playing together.

I know I wont miss one of these games on TV to see a preview of some possible World Junior Team members. I wish the best to Cory Clouston as assitant coach and both Russell's throughout the tournament(2 games) and hope they can get World Juniors invites. :thumb: They are both hard working and valuable members of their teams.

GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
11-30-2005, 07:35 PM
I think it will be exciting to watch the Russell bros play together too. This could be the only time they get to play together, they are both to valuable on their teams so the chances of a trade to play together is remote IMO this year for sure. Good luck team WHL and show us all proud like you always do. :thumb:

fightstrap50
11-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Ryan Russell gets the tying goal for Canada! :groovy: Way to go Ryan!
2-2 each. :thumb:

GO TEAM CANADA

GO ICE GO!!!

fightstrap50
11-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Ryan Russel with the hat trick!! :groovy: Setaguchi with the hat trick! :groovy:
And it's only the second intermission! Way to go guys!! :thumb:

GO TEAM CANADA

GO ICE GO!!!

Tinner
11-30-2005, 10:39 PM
although a concenus longshot, he has shown himself well.

Chipper
11-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Do you know if Ryan will get to play tomorow with Kris. I was a bit disapointed that they were both not playing tonight.

fightstrap50
11-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Nope, Ryan was selected to play in both games and Kris was to make only one appearance in the shcedule right from the start. Tommorow should be interesting.

Way to go Ryan! :thumb:
GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!

tender
12-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Yes the best of luck to Cory and Ryan with Team Canada tonight and the rest of the way and the same to Ryans brother Kris hope they both make it to Team Canada after main camps end . :clap:

fightstrap50
12-01-2005, 07:42 PM
I am really looking forward to tonights game with both Russell's playing together. Even if they dont get much ice time together it will be great to see them out there. Ryan did get the hat trick last night but I dont know why he wasnt credited with it?? :confused: The replay showed it go off of his stick! Anyways, I cant wait for this game. The team was awesome last night with a lot of good World Juniors prospects trying hard.

Good to see Cory on the bench last night to. I hope they can get it done again tonight, last nights game was awesome to watch! :thumb:

GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!

fightstrap50
12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
I go into the living room at about 5 minutes to seven and sit down after dinner to watch the Canada-Russia challenge. So im sitting the there watching some Canucks stuff and all of a sudden they say "up next Vancouver vs Edmonton" WHAT!! Who cares about VAN vs EDM when there is WHL all star team vs Russian all star team going on at this very moment!?

This is prospects hockey going on here man! Now I have to wait untill bloody MIDNITE untill it comes on! What a friggin joke, we see every QMJHL, and OHL game on time at 7:00 but when its local we get one and at 7:00 and another when their whole audience is sleeping! Now they will complain that the west has lower ratings blah blah blah and we'll never get certain things broadcast here at decent times.

Had to get that off my chest. :laugh:

GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!

Tinner
12-02-2005, 07:40 AM
the sports networks are controlled by guys in the east who have no idea what the "pulse" of the viewers is in Western Canada, if not the entire country outside Toronto.

There are many options this networks can use to show games on different channels and they choose to do a tape delayed game. In this day and age and with all the technology available, its unacceptable.

FELIX17
12-02-2005, 08:51 AM
In regards to last night or I should say this mornings broadcast of the Canada/Russia Series game. I was extremely disappointed to discover the start time of the game. When it comes to the OHL or QMJHL games, they were broadcast at a decent time. Obviously, Sportnet was not concerned about the opinion of western viewers by broadcasting the game in my area at midnight. Once again, Sportsnet caters only to the east and the west is once again disregarded. From the people I have spoke to, Sportnet has not gained any credit by displaying their blatant favourtism of eastern Canada. Extremely poor planning on Sportnet's part and once again angering western viewers. This appears to be a common theme when it comes to the west and apparently a theme that will continue.

Congratulations to Kyle Chipchura who was named player of the game for Canada! Way to go Chip!

Chipper
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have Star Choice and have 4 chanels of Sportsnet feeds from the east to west. One of them was on time 7.00 but two others were on at 8 I guess the people with Shaw had to wait for the Canuck game to end. I actualy looked in the schedule and I thought it started at 8 so I waited until then and when I tuned in on the one chanel it was going into the first period already. I flicked back and forth between the two and watched the first and second at the same time.

In the crowd
12-02-2005, 12:31 PM
:burningma So if we were in Ontario (OHL territory) last night we could've watched the game live. But nobody probably watched it cause there was a Leafs game on TSN. But in B.C. where people would watch it, they show a Canucks game. Not like we don't get enough of the Canucks on Sportsnet. At least in Alberta you get a mix of 2 different teams on Sportsnet. I wish they would split the 3 western teams and broadcast an even amount of games between the 3. Sportsne i a JOKE! I know what channel I'll watch all the highlights from now on. :burningma