PDA

View Full Version : WOW what a trade

Tinner
11-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Joe Thornton to San Jose for Brad Stuart, Marco Strum and Wayne Primeau

Beaner
11-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Wow, I never would have thought that Thornton would be shipped from Boston. :eek:

WHEATMAN
11-30-2005, 09:03 PM
never saw that coming, bad decision for the bruins though, thornton is one of the elite and hes still young too, bad move for boston

langdak
11-30-2005, 09:03 PM
makes me quite happy

i have been a huge Sharks fan since day 1 for that organization

makes things look a lot better for their current situation (9 game losing streak)

GO SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabes
11-30-2005, 09:08 PM
One of the leagues best gona from Bean-town. It's kinda a brutal trade for Boston, lose a top tier player for a pretty decent d-man, a speedy winger and a role player.

Jovorock
12-01-2005, 08:52 AM
I don't like the trade because it makes the Sharks much better and I am a Canuck fan. Thorton is in his prime and it shows how out of place the Bruin brass is out of the loop.

Stuart is a premadonna with with concussion history and has never lived up to his potential. Sturm has 140 goals in 7 seasons, he's a good player but a floater. Primeau is a average player at best, the Sharks have stolen Thorton from the old folks in beantown. :spineyes:

Tiger Trauma
12-01-2005, 02:23 PM
This should help me in my hockey pool. SInce I have patrick marleau...I assume he plays alongside big joe...and start racking up some points

Marleau is a winger right?

I think It will go

CHeecho Thornton Marleau

P.S. Good trade for the sharks

langdak
12-01-2005, 03:15 PM
This should help me in my hockey pool. SInce I have patrick marleau...I assume he plays alongside big joe...and start racking up some points

Marleau is a winger right?

I think It will go

CHeecho Thornton Marleau

P.S. Good trade for the sharks

Marleau is a center, as is Thornton

I would imagine a shift in positions coming, or Marleau being moved to the 2nd line.

Who knows, i imagine Ron Wilson will come up with something

LifelongChiefsFan
12-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Awesome move for the Sharks! Hopefully it pays off, they sure looked good tonight with a 5-0 thumping of Beefalo to finally break that 10 game losing streak. Sharks might turn out to be the force everyone thought they would be in the western conference. I sure hope so!!

ofhdhdy
12-04-2005, 01:36 AM

I would imagine a shift in positions coming, or Marleau being moved to the 2nd line.

Who knows, i imagine Ron Wilson will come up with something

Thornton is now playing with Cheechoo which i think is on the top line. Anyways Thornton has looked impressive in his 2 games with the Sharks so far. Very bad trade for the Bruins IMO, alot of Bruin fans seem really mad about this. I know if I was a Bruins fan I would be steaming.

Jovorock
12-04-2005, 11:31 AM

Joe looked very good agaisnt the Laufs last night. With him and Marleau that give the Sharks two very good lines. I even seen Marleau playing left wing with Joe Thornton on a couple shifts last night. The Thornton, Thornton Cheecho line looked very good last night. Joe's interview with Freedman before HNIC last night he didn't blast the Bruins management but there is some issues there.

scamperdog
12-04-2005, 12:58 PM
both teams undefeated since the trade, Canucks will change that tonight with a big win over boston :groovy: