PDA

View Full Version : Russia vs CHL , time for a change.

Mats
11-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Does not the USA have a national junior team/program.
Why not try that cause this Russian thing is pretty sad-not much opposition.
Sure the Yanks mite actually win a few games-in fact mite win most or all games but it sure would make for better hockey, that's for sure.
Just a thought.

Jimmypop316
11-30-2005, 10:20 PM
I say they bring back the WHL all-star game. Or at least add it back and still have the CAN/RUS challenge.

RunTheGoalie
11-30-2005, 10:51 PM
The WHL would kill an American team as well. The Russians dont exactly send all of their best players, but the WHL teams are just *that* dominant.

One thing these Canada/Russia challenges often show is the talent disparity between the Q and the Dub as evidenced by the relative performances vs the Russians.

peatfan
12-01-2005, 02:20 AM
This is becoming a stale joke. Has Russia won any games in the last three years other than against Quebec( one game that I can recall). The WHL beats them by a touchdown everytime. Much rather see them play the USA under 18 team. At least they will put up a fight but will still lose. Better yet bring back the round robin games with the three leagues. That was better hockey. (Have a double round robin-home and home with each league spread out over a month)

Chipper
12-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I agree the Russians challenge is no challenge at all. If they would bring over a competitive team things could be diferent :burningma but they bring the scrap players that won't be missed by their teams in Russia. I may be wrong but I believe that we pay their way and expences for this joke of a tournament also.(They should be paying us!) If the only thing we get out of this is which league can get the most goals and beat up on a weak Russian team for CHL bragging rights, lets just get back to playing against the OHL and the Q.

In the crowd
12-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I have always liked the Eastern conference vs Western Conference. I like seeing the league's best face off against each other

Triton
12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
This is becoming a stale joke. Has Russia won any games in the last three years other than against Quebec( one game that I can recall). The WHL beats them by a touchdown everytime. Much rather see them play the USA under 18 team. At least they will put up a fight but will still lose. Better yet bring back the round robin games with the three leagues. That was better hockey. (Have a double round robin-home and home with each league spread out over a month)

The Russians have a 3-3 record with the QMJHL,a 0-6 record against the WHL and the OHL,not including this year.Here are the past scores:

OHL 7 Russia 1
OHL 4 Russia 0
QMJHL 2 Russia 3
QMJHL 6 Russia 3
WHL 4 Russia 1
WHL 7 Russia 1

OHL 3 Russia 1
OHL 5 Russia 2
QMJHL 3 Russia 4 (SO)
QMJHL 3 Russia 4 (SO)
WHL 6 Russia 0
WHL 5 Russia 2