PDA

View Full Version : Byers

Triton
12-01-2005, 11:22 AM
The Western Hockey League announced that Prince Albert Raider forward Dane Byers will continue on with the team to Regina for the final game in the Challenge Series tonight. Byers will replace Kenndall MacArdle of the Moose Jaw Warriors who suffered a knee injury in last night's 9-2 Team WHL victory at Credit Union Centre.

Sabes
12-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Good for Dane. He had a goal last night and I think he was screwed on an assist too. He also had a few other scoring chances and came in to help when McArdle was being roughed up.

Triton
12-01-2005, 02:59 PM
He should have had an assist on Russell's goal I think.He played good and physical.I was looking forward to his first shift,cause he said he was gonna lay out a Russian,but he got taken out.He did play well,and loved the huge smile on his face after his powerplay goal in the third.Where you there Sabes?Me and 6 other guys were yelling all night from section 19 in the upper bowl.Boy did we get drunk.

Dwight Schrute
12-03-2005, 05:28 PM
i hope this means he is on the radar for the world juniors

westbeach55
12-03-2005, 06:04 PM
there was an article in the star phoenix today picking the world junior team some news reporters picked it and they left chipchura off but had the younger staal jordan (17) from the ohl on there. you can tell there from the east with there picks. chipchura should have been on the list. well every time sutter has seen chipchura he puts in a good game and putting him captain for the saskatoon adt challenge means something not saying he is on the team but at least to make the camp. what you guys think

Knuckle Chucker
12-03-2005, 06:11 PM
there was an article in the star phoenix today picking the world junior team some news reporters picked it and they left chipchura off but had the younger staal jordan (17) from the ohl on there. you can tell there from the east with there picks. chipchura should have been on the list. well every time sutter has seen chipchura he puts in a good game and putting him captain for the saskatoon adt challenge means something not saying he is on the team but at least to make the camp. what you guys think

I think that Sutter making him Captain pretty much gives him a spot on the team baring injury. He will fill a leadership role and play the same type of 2-way play that JC played last year at the World Jrs (before he got hurt). Sutter has had nothing but good things to say about Chipper and has gone so far to say that type of player is needed on the team.