PDA

View Full Version : Canada/Russia Game 6

FELIX17
12-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I already posted this on Kootney's site but I realized this is more of a WHL discussion topic.
In regards to last night or I should say this mornings broadcast of the Canada/Russia Series game in Regina. I was extremely disappointed to discover the start time of the game. When it comes to the OHL or QMJHL games, they were broadcast at a decent time. Obviously, Sportnet was not concerned about the opinion of western viewers by broadcasting the game in my area at midnight. Once again, Sportsnet caters only to the east and the west is once again disregarded. From the people I have spoke to, Sportnet has not gained any credit by displaying their blatant favourtism of eastern Canada. Extremely poor planning on Sportnet's part and once again angering western viewers. This appears to be a common theme when it comes to the west and apparently a theme that will continue.

Congratulations to Kyle Chipchura who was named player of the game for Canada! Way to go Chip!

Triton
12-02-2005, 11:20 AM
I already posted this on Kootney's site but I realized this is more of a WHL discussion topic.
In regards to last night or I should say this mornings broadcast of the Canada/Russia Series game in Regina. I was extremely disappointed to discover the start time of the game. When it comes to the OHL or QMJHL games, they were broadcast at a decent time. Obviously, Sportnet was not concerned about the opinion of western viewers by broadcasting the game in my area at midnight. Once again, Sportsnet caters only to the east and the west is once again disregarded. From the people I have spoke to, Sportnet has not gained any credit by displaying their blatant favourtism of eastern Canada. Extremely poor planning on Sportnet's part and once again angering western viewers. This appears to be a common theme when it comes to the west and apparently a theme that will continue.

Congratulations to Kyle Chipchura who was named player of the game for Canada! Way to go Chip!

Who scored for team WHL?They probably lost alot of ratings by having it on so late.Why don't they play it as it's going on?I just don't understand why there is such a delay?Was there in Saskatoon for the viewers at home?I was there so I don't know.

In the crowd
12-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Kris Russell, Chipchura and Helm scored the goals for WHL

langdak
12-02-2005, 12:50 PM

It was broadcasted on SNET Pacific at midnight because there was a Canucks game on at 7pm

I am not sure what region you fall into, but i watched the game on SNET Ontario at the regular time, i flipped between it and the canucks game

I guess the extra SNET channels come in handy every so often

FELIX17
12-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I was also at the Saskatoon game. The game was on tape delay also. But only an hour delayed and started at 9pm.

Fight Guy
12-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Awsome game. So much skill. Very exciting hockey. I was very impressed by some of the Russians too...not sure whoe they were, but they had some great moves. Still wish they would have the WHL All-Star game again.

RunTheGoalie
12-02-2005, 11:15 PM
It was broadcasted on SNET Pacific at midnight because there was a Canucks game on at 7pm

I am not sure what region you fall into, but i watched the game on SNET Ontario at the regular time, i flipped between it and the canucks game

I guess the extra SNET channels come in handy every so often

It was Canucks-Oilers, so the West region got the Oilers broadcast of the game.

It was unfortunate timing, not an East-West issue. The NHL is far more valuable to RSN than the WHL is, and this is the result. At least one of the first four games was tape delayed as well.